015. High on You

We were all high.

Blissfully high, at a music festival, having the time of our lives.

We were all high on the brightly coloured pills of various shapes and sizes that we'd been given.

And we were all caught up in a personal drug fuelled haze of our own.

My vision was encased in a purple and blue frame; everything I looked at, had this striking coloured outline to it, and it was almost like I was looking through purple tinted glasses.

The music felt close; as if it was a part of me, and I liked it alot.

And then I saw her.

Dancing fluidly, like a river runs downstream.
Her hips swayed effortlessly and her arms were open and out as she moved to the music.

Something told me that she was riding out a high similar to my own, as she connected with the music in a different way before my eyes

It was like the music was a part of her too.

She was completely in time with the music, which I was so acutely aware of, as I stared at her with sudden and unexpected tunnel vision.

All I could see was her.
Her and colour.

Her in colour.

Her eyes were closed as she lost herself, and I could feel myself losing myself at the sight of her, lost in her movement, completely hypnotised.

She was enchanting; like a mistress of magic.

The various drug fuelled lights that I was seeing bounced off her and the sounds of the panpipes warmed me, making me vibrate with the rush.

They lightly kissed her brunette hair and her tanned skin, as I was hypnotised by the movement of her hips, and she paused as the music stopped momentarily.

I watched her take a series of momentary deep breaths before the music kicked in again, and she continued to dance, mesmerising me.

I sank to the floor, the grass feeling weird against the skin of my legs and my hands as I touched it for a moment, becoming familiar.