024. Fox

"And now, it's time for Juniper's vows."

I unfolded the single piece of A4 paper and cleared my throat, before taking a deep breath.

Today, was my wedding day.
I was marrying my high school sweetheart.

"Okay.... Here goes." I said, as he smiled broadly at me, with glassy eyes.

Ready to hear the wonderful things I'd written down about him. To go with the lovely things he'd written and just read out, about me.

"From JuicyOdie99@gmail.net, to Gareththehreat1986@yahoomail.com, subject Private." I started to read.

The wedding guests, including my soon to be husband, were already tense.

"Hey babe, last weekend was just magical, not sure how we pulled it off because I was sure that Juniper was onto us.... But it was the last weekend we could have together before you're officially balled and chained. I hope that this won't stop us continuing this once the honeymoon is over, because as much as you hold loyalty to Juniper, I feel like last weekend, your heart was finally, truly mine.

Please call me once you're back, I miss you.
And I love you baby.

Yours always, Odie."

I took a breath and Gareth was a quaking mess.

"And then the reply. From Gareth's email, to Juniperfox@gmail.com." I said, as his eyes widened.

"Yeah, you emailed me, honey." I said, as sweat formed on his brow.

Our guests gasped loudly, everyone tense and alarmed.

I continued to read.

"Hey baby,

My heart is yours. I'll email when I'm home.
Don't worry about Juniper, she doesn't suspect.

We've been careful, like always.
She's all swept up with the wedding planning and she's been too busy to notice.

Yours always baby,
Gareth." I finished.

"I mean, I have more. But this one, well it was just too good not to share on our special day." I added, sarcastically.

"What the fuck?"

"What just happened?"

"What just happened, Eddie..... is that my fiancé has been having a very sordid little affair, and last night, when he was replying to his mistress, he failed to notice that he'd actually emailed his wife to be. See, instead of one long noticeable email chain, they sent singular emails, so that they'd get lost amongst others, make it harder for either of their counterparts to notice or find. To email me though, was just genius." I said, tossing the paper at his feet.

"Juniper...." Gareth said, as I turned to Odette, sitting in the pew, next to her partner, Jake.

"I'm sorry to do it this way Jake." I said, as he waved me off.

"Don't mind me, if this was the other way around, I hope that I'd have this calibre of an idea to out them. Don't you worry about me Juno. You carry on." Jake said, as he turned to Odette.

"And you? You can leave now, pack your shit up in my house, and get the fuck out." He added.

My parents, Gareth's parents, were shocked and devastated, and his friends didn't look best pleased either.

"Here's an idea, she can move in with you." I said, clapping excitedly.

"Juno, please....." Gareth begged, with nowhere to hide.