025. I've Got You, Laine.

"Usually if a tactic doesn't work, you'd change to another." He whispered, as I removed my lips from his neck.

"I'm sorry?" I asked, a little surprised.

"You know, try something else." He said, sounding a little too arrogant and bored for my liking.

"You've just been grinding yourself all over me, something about what I was doing had to be working." I argued, unable to believe the gall.

I hadn't expected this of him, truth be known.
He hadn't ever conducted himself in this way, which was why it was so much of a surprise.

He looked up at me with a pointed stare, and he swallowed hard.

"You didn't seem to mind that just." I continued.

"I was just suggesting." He said, as I clenched my jaw.

And removed myself completely off his lap.

"No, wait.... What are you doing?" He asked, hurriedly.

"I'm going." I said, pulling my skirt down.

"Please don't go." He begged.

"I was kissing you, touching you, and you were responsive. And then you basically tell me that what I'm doing isn't working for you, like I have no clue what I'm doing. You were grinding yourself against me, you were pressing me down against you. I could hear you, whatever I was doing, was working. But it doesn't matter, I'm going." I said, hurriedly fastening the buttons on my shirt.

"We came here together." He said.

"We did. And now I'm leaving alone. So are you." I said, defiant.

"We dressed as pirates together, we coordinated." He said, clutching at whatever excuse he could.

"We did, and I thought we were on the same page. I didn't have you down as someone who'd insult a girl, for trying to make him feel good." I said.

"I didn't insult you." He argued, solemnly.

"Then why am I offended?" I asked.

"It was the way you said it, it was the bored look on your face." I added.

"I was just trying to help." He said.

"You were getting off on what I was doing. And then you told me to do something else like I was wasting your time." I said.

"Don't go." He whispered.

"Is that another suggestion?" I asked, sarcastically.

"No.... Please." He begged, now on his feet.

"You know something, I hear the things people say about you. I hear a lot, and I chose to ignore it. I came here with you, we spoke about matching fancy dress, and then this happened. I didn't think for a second that you'd be like this." I said.

"I like you....." He said, desperately.

"I liked you too, well a version of you. This one right here I don't like. I feel like I'm being gaslighted into thinking that what I was doing wasn't working for you, when it clearly was." I said.

I crossed the dimly lit room to the door and stopped to part with a final statement.

The final words I'd ever say to him.

"Turns out you're just another asshole, Eddie." I added, before leaving.

*****************************************
Eddie's POV.

"How exactly did you manage to screw it up, Munson? You were in matching fancy dress, you'd talked about it together for weeks......?" Steve asked, leaning over the counter.