030. Peach 🍑

I watched the dance floor as it moved, bodies dancing to a light house dance style song; most moved together, but one danced in her own way, by herself.

Which made her stand out, completely.
That and her social status at the same high school we both attended.

Long, curled raven hair, that swayed as she danced, black cropped vest, high waisted blue jeans, Dr Marten sandals on her dainty feet.

If I didn't know her, she'd have stood out to me and I perhaps would approach her and maybe talk to her.

But this chick wouldn't be seen dead with me.
Her friends were assholes, and I'd seen her be an asshole; not directly to anyone, it was more indirect.

Indirect as in she never stepped in to tell her friends to back off kids in school.

She was always the indirect bystander.
Which to me, was equally as bad.
She just always stood by, bored and watching.

We shared some of the same classes, and she was always relatively quiet and studious; sometimes she had a laugh with a couple of her jock asshole friends, but she had relatively good relationships with her teachers.

She got good grades, and she was easily noticed and admired as she walked the halls in her cheer uniform.

I watched her dance, and as she moved in total sync with the song, I watched her smile, perfect white teeth, plump pink lips, her long eyelashes brushing her cheeks as her eyes closed, her hands in the air as she practically absorbed the music, and in a different world, she'd be someone I'd be attracted to.

But we were in this world, and I couldn't be attracted to someone who stood by and watched her friends be perfect assholes

She was an asshole in her own right.
No matter how hypnotising she was to watch right now.

The Hideout was never usually their kind of joint to frequent, but tonight for some reason, she and her friends were here.

It was some kind of dance night, and we'd been bounced to the following week for it.

We'd only found out tonight as we'd walked in with our instruments and gear.

Jerry, had forgotten to tell us.
So our moods were already low, and we were all pissed off.

Watching her dance had seemingly taken my mind off it, but kept it in the realms of my mind all at the same time; it was conflicting and annoying.

"You know something, she pisses me off more than any of them." I snarled, annoyed.

"Who? Selene?" Jeff asked, a little surprised at my sudden word vomit.

"Yeah. The whole bystander effect. Fucking irritates me." I said, huffing.

"That why you've been staring at her for the last ten minutes then?" Gareth chimed in.

"Partly." I said, swallowing hard.