007. I'll Love You, From Right Here.

Playlist for this chapter:

* Liar - Paramore
* Outside the Realm - Big Giant Circles
* Earned It - The Weeknd
* Everybody Wants To Rule The World - TFF
* Stay High (Habits Remix) - Tove Lo

******************************************

"Jason broke up with me." I said, as my friend Stephanie comforted me, her arms around me.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry." She said, sympathetically.

"Did he say why?" She asked.

"He didn't need to, he obviously broke up with me for Chrissy Cunningham." I said, bitterly.

"This wasn't because you didn't.... You know?" She asked.

"I didn't put out. Because I didn't want to. I don't even know why I'm so bothered by it, he was a lousy boyfriend. Chrissy put out though and that's why I was kicked to the curb." I said, sniffing back tears.

"She did?" Stephanie asked.

"Yeah. He told me she did. She gives him what he wants, so she's now his girlfriend and I'm just trash he threw away." I said.

"You're not trash. You didn't want to sleep with him, and that's okay. At least you know why he was with you, now. For all the wrong reasons." Stephanie said.

"Why are guys like this?" I asked.

"They're not all like this." Stephanie assured me as I rolled my eyes.

"You've had the same boyfriend since Junior high. And he's always been lovely. He doesn't count." I said, but I was smiling slightly.

"Chris is a good guy. There's a Chris out there for you. I promise." Stephanie said.

"You're seeing being single as being a bad thing. When really it isn't. You don't need a guy, you're amazing on your own." Stephanie said.

I stared down at my cheer skirt and sighed softly.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It feels wrong to be wearing this now." I said, reaching up for the bow securing my hair in its high ponytail.

I pulled on the bow and my long, raven locks tumbled down, falling around my face.

"Hey..... You okay Johnson?"

I peered around Stephs shoulder to see Eddie Munson learning against the door frame of the cafeteria, his arms folded across his chest, his chocolate eyes fixed on me.

I doubted he'd ever spoken more than one word to me before.

"I'm alright." I said, with a weak smile.

"You sure?" He asked, leaning up off the door frame.

He crossed the room towards us, as we sat on the bench below the window and I was suddenly conscious of myself.

I tugged on my skirt, trying to get it to cover my knees, shifting uncomfortably, wanting his eyes anywhere but on me.

Eddie Munson didn't bother me, intimidate me or scare me.

I knew he was a nice guy, just really misunderstood.

He got a lot of grief from a lot of people and I was aware that he liked alternative things to most of us, but from what I knew about him, he was harmless. A little rough around the edges, sold drugs after school, abit of a rough diamond but it wasn't his presence making me uncomfortable.

It was because I was clearly upset, and it was because of who I was upset over.

I felt like a fool and the issue I had was that in the 30 second exchange we'd just had, I was suddenly surprisingly worried that Eddie may have noticed or thought I was a fool.