021. Where Do We Go, From Here?

"Eddie! Eddie what are you doing?!"

"Eddie, hurry!"

I watched as he stepped down from the sheet ladder and I watched him helplessly as he hesitated.

As soon as I knew something was off, and he was taking too long, I started to climb the sheet ladder on the other side, my head peering once again through the hole.

I reached for him through the gaping hole in the trailer roof, holding onto the rope from the other side, willing him, imploring him with my eyes, not to do what I could see he was going to.

"Please Eddie, come on...." I begged.

"Don't you dare

"Don't you dare." I said, shaking my head.

"Climb up, climb up right now. Don't! Please!" I cried, as he stared up at me.

 Don't! Please!" I cried, as he stared up at me

"I'm buying you more time." He said, with a fondness in his eyes.

"NO!" I yelled, as he cut the sheet ladder and he disappeared from my view, as I felt myself falling.

I landed on my back, and Dustin hurriedly helped me up onto my feet.

"What's he doing?!" Dustin cried.

"We have to get back through!" I said, frantic.

"We have to get him back!!" I cried, looking all around us for a way to get back.

Dustin looked all around him and I heard the trailer door shut.

"He's gone outside!" I cried, as Dustin dragged a chair over, lining it up with the hole.

"We run, jump and we go through the hole." He instructed, breathless.

"I'm gonna kill him...." I muttered, almost frantic.

*********
"Oh my god....." I whispered, as Dustin limped to my side.

We'd gotten through; his quick thinking plan had worked.

He'd inured his foot though and whilst I propped him up against me, his eyes followed mine and he recoiled in horror.

Eddie was in the centre of some kind of bat storm; he was fighting them off, but Dustin and I both knew that it wouldn't be for long.