013. We do have Forever. (Sequel to Lucy)

"Esmeralda is unique and very traditional. When we reside in her abode, she'll likely expect us to change."

"Change?" She asked me.

"She'll want us to change our clothes." I answered.

"We don't have anything?" She asked.

"When we get there, there will be clothes for you and for me. I've stayed there before, but I never had a companion and so the dresses were never worn. I've never had a companion, until now. You're the first I've ever taken with me." I explained.

"Why are we going there?" She asked.

"Matthias." I answered.

"He was at the funeral." She confirmed.

"He threatened both your life and your safety. I'm not taking any chances." I said.

"So you've stolen me away to Romania, to stay with this woman I don't know, who has ridiculous sentiments, who's fixed in time?" She asked.

"That isn't all I stole." I admitted, withdrawing an envelope from my pocket.

"What is that?" She asked.

"The letter from Lucy. I wanted you to be able to read it, when the time came that you were ready. This would have been sealed away in an evidence box had I not taken it." I explained.

Both horrified and touched, she snatched it from me, as it would blow away if she didn't take hold of it and pressed it sentimentally to her chest, to her heart.

Her eyes were saddened, as she stared at me.

"It wasn't yours to steal." She whispered.

"But it's yours to read." I pressed.

"I'm not ready for that." She answered.

"You have it for when you are." I said.

And as we finished our tense conversation, an intimidating looking carriage with four black horses pulled up in front of us and Mina took a wary step back.

The rider, turned and nodded towards the carriage door.

"Esmeralda is expecting you." He said, in a gruff voice.

"You will need to change when you're in there." He added.

Jamie approached the carriage and I aided Mina inside first.

I followed, and Jamie climbed in lastly.

And true to the riders word, there was a change of clothes for each of us.

Mina looked around her, sensing there wasn't a great deal of room inside the carriage for us to change without us seeing each other and Jamie observed this too.

And as if we were in sync, we both shrugged out of our overcoats and held them up in front of us, so she had some privacy.

We heard some shuffling, and I heard the clothes she had been wearing, hit the floor with a soft thud.

The shadows underneath our coats told me she was rising to her feet and she slipped the dress on over her feet, coming to stand upright as she pulled it over herself. She slipped into the sleeves, and she peered over the makeshift curtain.

"The bodice will need lacing, and I don't know how to do that." She said, sounding small.

The dress sagged, in need of lacing and I rose to my feet, hunched up to the ceiling of the carriage.

"I can help." I said, as she slowly turned.

Jamie took that as his opportunity to change and I set to work, lacing the corset.