004. I wish that I had Gareth's Girl.

"How long have you known?" He asked me.

It wasn't a hard question. It was fairly easy to answer, actually.

"Months." I said, nonchalant.

"How long have you known?" I inquired.

That was the question I wanted to ask.
The question he didn't want me to ask, and he didn't want to answer.

And his silence, told me everything.

"I know you knew. But you know what's really bugging me? How you didn't tell me." I added.

"I didn't know how." He said.

"You didn't know how. Or didn't want to tell me because he's your friend?"

"No it wasn't like that."

"I thought we were friends. So when it came down to it, you chose to keep his secret. Over telling his wife." I said.

"No, that's not how it was." He said.

"How else was it then?" I asked, all ears.

"I told him to come clean. I told him." He insisted.

"Well good for you, because that worked out really well." I said, sarcastically.

"Why not tell me? You know, the woman he's married to. Just because you guys are in the band and doing well, touring here and there never gave him the right to sleep with another woman." I said.

"We tried." He said.

"You didn't try hard enough! And you didn't tell me. It's obvious where your loyalty lies, Eddie. It's glaringly obvious. What happens in the band, stays in the band huh? You're a high school talent show band, you're not Motley Crue." I snapped.

"It was up to him to be loyal to you, we shouldn't have had to tell him what's right and what's wrong. He's a grown ass man, Elodie! We told him to stop and he didn't." Eddie cried.

"He is, and he was with all of you when he was doing it." I snapped.

"You knew what he was like, even in highschool. He knew I liked you and he went clean under my nose and snagged you." Eddie snapped.

"So this was all just payback for me was it? I didn't pick you so when he has had an affair around you, this was your way of getting back at me?" I asked.

"No of course not!" Eddie cried.

"I came to you that night Eddie. I came to you." I objected.

"You did." He said, not denying it.

"We slept together that night." I reminded him.

"It was the best night of my life." He said.

"You told me I had a choice to make." I said.

"I did." He answered.

"Only you made it for me. Told me I'd have a better life with him. I'd have a better life than you could give me. I tried to trust that, I married him, we bought a house together. And you never told me that he did that to you. He stepped on your toes to get to me, and you let him one up you. You let me trust you, enough to choose him." I said.

"How can it have been the best night of your life, when you slept with me and turned me towards your best friend straight after?" I added.

"I'm not going to get into this with you." Eddie argued.

"Typical Eddie, always cuts and runs when shit gets tough or too grown up." I spat.

"I'm here now aren't I?" He argued, exasperated.