033. The Winner Takes It All.

"You've had a problem with her since day one, admit it."

"I'm not admitting to that, definitely not in the way you're implying. I do have a problem with her, absolutely I do! But not out of jealousy, or anything like that. But for the person I keep telling you she is." I said.

"God, that is such horseshit

"God, that is such horseshit. Why can't a cheerleader be interested in someone like me? Why doesn't that seem to fit in any of your ideals!?"

"I'm not saying it's impossible. I have tried to tell you that she's not being real with you, she's not being authentic with you. This is exactly what I've been telling you it is, and I've been telling you as your friend." I pressed.

"Yeah, my 'friend'. What? That isn't enough for you?"

"Don't say it like that. I am your friend. I always have been. I thought you were mine. I thought I had a lot more friends than I did. I told you what I think, I told you what I heard, and you all turned on me. You all didn't believe me!" I cried.

"BECAUSE YOU'RE LYING!"

"Wow. She's buried real deep in there isn't she." I said, feeling betrayed.

"If you liked me, why didn't you just say?"

"This isn't even about liking you. I haven't even said I like you in that way. I came to you the minute I heard what I heard. You're so fucking blind." I said, devastated.

"You haven't behaved like my friend for a long time. You've behaved more like a jealous little witch." He spat.

"You can't see that I was just trying to not see you get hurt. You can't see it. None of you can. For the record? It'll happen this weekend. At the party." I said, before sniffing back tears.

"You'll forgive me if I don't go. I can't watch that." I continued.

"Why would I want to go anywhere with you?" He asked, pressing his thumb and the tip of his index finger into the corners of his eyes.