036. You're a Ghost.

** Trigger Warning **

• Child Loss
• Grief
• Toxicity

*********************************************
"How are we gonna move past this Ev?" He asked, running a towel through his hair.

"You can start by getting out of the bathroom whilst I piss." I answered, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry?" He queried.

"You heard me. Take yourself and your vest, and get out of here. The days of this level of intimacy have long gone." I said, as he stared down at me.

That's how it is then, huh?" He asked, as I sighed with frustration.

"Can you just get the fuck out?" I asked, impatiently.

"You pee loud." He remarked, with an almost amused look on his face.

"And you're a fucking asshole

"And you're a fucking asshole." I answered.

He did as I instructed through, and he wandered into the bedroom, sighing with the same kind of frustration.

I followed him in there not long after, wondering how we'd gotten to this point, how we'd become this hostile and cold towards each other.

"Gonna answer me now?" He asked.

"I don't know how we move past this. I really don't. Why do I have to have all of the answers? Why don't you tell me how we move past this?" I asked.

"I can't take it back, Ev." He said.

"I know you can't." I answered.

"And it's the fact that you did what you did, that I can't see past right now." I added.

"You could talk to her about all of our problems, but you couldn't talk to me could you? Told her every little issue we were having. Couldn't talk to me." I continued.

"You shut down on me." He remarked.

"You shut down on me too." I barked back.

"We both lost him." He said, as I felt myself unraveling, the air leaving my chest.