035. Dreams

Now here you go again, you say, you want your freedoms, so who am I to keep you down.....

"This diner is so cool. The waitresses are on skates and everything!" Gareth cried.

"There's only one though who's currently skating and serving drinks." Jeff said.

"Yeah, I saw her too." I said, as I watched her, skating around, with a tray of drinks balanced on one hand.

"Shit she's good." Jeff said, impressed.

Listen carefully, to the sound.....
Of the loneliness like a heartbeat drives you mad.....

"Oh, damn, she's just pulled out a microphone." Grant said, as we all turned.

"Our skating and singing waitress, Rhiannon!" The bar tender announced over another mic.

"Thunder only happens, when it's raining....." She suddenly sang.

"Players only love you when they're playing...."

"Women, they will come and they will go...."

"It's a singing diner." I said, in awe.

"Oh shit, it's like the Disney one off Rockman and Eighth." Gareth said.

"Exactly." I said, a little excited.

"I wonder if it's a reference." I added, as Jeff looked at me in confusion.

"What?" He asked.

"She's singing Dreams, and her name is Rhiannon. Fleetwood Mac." I said.

"Of course. I hear you. It's possible." Jeff said, as I leaned forward, resting my elbows on the table, settling my chin onto my hands, watching her with intrigue, fascination and satisfaction.

Rhiannon, the singing waitress.
The singing and skating waitress.

With the long, Sandra Bullock Practical Magic style raven hair, the loose bangs, the flowery ankle length skirt, the pretty white laced cropped tank top, the lightly tanned skin, and the odd tiny tattoo here and there.

She was pretty, but I felt that there was a darker, deeper, rougher edge to her; it radiated off of her.

"Okay so I've got four beers, gentleman." She said, suddenly appearing at our table.

"Is there anything you can't do?" I asked, a little forward, but confident all the same.

"I don't know what you mean." She said, with a pretty smile.

"You skate, you sing, you serve. You do all three at the same time, too. That's gotta be one pretty impressive resume." I said, as Jeff stared at me in complete shock.

"It has to be." She said, with a girlish giggle.

A blonde waitress tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around to acknowledge her.

"Rhiannon, uhm....Nick is here." The waitress said.

I saw her shoulders and her demeanour sink somewhat, and I sensed immediately that whoever Nick, the multi talented Rhiannon didn't want to see him.

"Did he say what he wanted?" She asked.

"Something about papers." The blonde said.

"For all that is scared and holy...." She muttered before turning back to me, and the guys.

She quickly set the four beers down in-front of us and we each individually thanked her, even though she was newly preoccupied.

I could hear her brain whirring.