018. His Sparkling Diamond.

"Man, you've gotta see this!" Jeff cried, excitedly.

"See what?" I asked, as we lounged in the dressing room.

"There's a band on, and the singer.... You just gotta see!" Jeff said.

"Come on then, we'll head to the wings." I said, as Jeff shook his head with a wide grin.

"Nah, you'll wanna see this from the crowd." He said.

"I will?" I asked.

"Especially you." He said.

He led the way, rather excitedly and we exited the stage doors and into the main corridor.

Jeff practically dragged us down, and as he opened the doors, I felt a rush of body heat and I heard a sudden rush of sound; an angelic voice and synth.

Paying attention to where I was going, we weaved through the tightly packed crowd; a few recognised us as having not long been onstage as Corroded Coffin, and excitedly helped us through.

Once we were a row from the front, I focused on the stage in front of me and my breath caught in my chest.

The scenery onstage was of Neverwinter.
Dungeons and Dragons.

And the singer was dressed as a particular life like wolf.

"I'm hungry, like a wolf.....
I bleed, like a wolf.....

I'm lost and, I'm lonely,
I hunger for you only...

Don't leave me now, don't break this spell....
In heaven, lost my taste for Hell....

Taste for Hell..."

And the crowd started jumping up and down to the chorus.

I watched the singer, recognising that it was a female voice, fixated as she removed the hands of the costume, revealing delicate, dainty manicured hands.

Her hand curled around the microphone in the stand, as she continued to sing, swaying to the music.

"I'm hunted, like the wolf...."

She strategically stepped out of the feet of the costume, revealing red suede boots with a thick heel.

"I feed, I feed, like a wolf....

I'm lost and, I'm lonely, I hunger for you only...

Don't leave me now, don't break this spell...
In Heaven, lost my taste for Hell....

Taste for Hell...."

The crowd was jumping again, cheering as she unzipped the front of the costume.

She took a step back, and during the instrumental of the song, she shrugged out of the body of the costume, revealing a short green dress, with a bodice made of leaves, and green tights.

And as the instrumental slowly reached the much anticipated abrupt pause, and to see the face behind the mask, the head of the costume lifted off her face; she pulled the microphone out of the stand, the mask suddenly revealing long, vibrant pillar box red hair, a tiara of leaves on her head, accompanied with a breathtaking smile.

"Into the wild...." She sang, starting to jump up and down with the crowd, dancing with them to the very end of the song.

"Into the wild........."

"Into the wild........"

She was dressed as an Ivy Elf.
And I was transfixed.

I could see why Jeff thought this would appeal to me.