037. The Princess & The Pauper.

I'd waited by the car, like he'd said, and he was nowhere to be seen.

Where the hell was he?

If I was ever late, I never heard the end of it.
But him? Holier than thou, always something important coming up, to further cement and reinforce his status.

God, he was pretentious.

Impatient, I stormed across the soccer field, wanting to go home, strongly considering walking at this point, before walking straight into what could only be described as one thing.

An unfair fight.

"Hey! Hey, Jason, stop it!" I cried, catching up to them all, surrounding a body laying on the ground, their arms raised to defend themselves from the punches.

"Leave him alone!" I cried, when I reached him, yanking on the collar of his shirt.

"Get the fuck off me!" He growled, pushing back with his elbow.

His elbow connected with my eye and I stumbled back, crying out in pain.

It stopped Jason in his tracks, but it didn't stop me.

"You're starting to get in my way." He said, shaking his head in disappointment, as I shoved him angrily.

He turned back to the boy on the ground, who looked positively pissed off, wiping blood from the corner of his mouth

They locked eyes with each other, and I breathed through my nose, my nostrils flaring with anger.

"Come on then, Carver. What's this now? Like round four or five?"

I knew that voice.

I saw Jason raise his balled fist into the air, drawing it back, glancing at his loyal mutts, just standing by, watching with amusement.

Watching me with amusement too.

And just as Jason was about to swing, I kicked him in the back of his knee and he fell onto his side, onto the grass.

"You're damn near starting to piss me off now. Why are you even here?" He asked, winded and groaning.

"I've been waiting by the car for half an hour. I came to see what was taking you so damn long." I snapped.

Jason wrenched himself from my grip, and scowled at me, exerted, his chest heaving with deep breaths.

"Whatever." He said, as he stood toe to toe with me.

"You wear that uniform, and yet you're nothing like us." He hissed.

"I wouldn't want to be." I snapped back.

"Keep it up, and you can walk to and from school." He hissed.

"That's fine." I answered, as he shoved past me.