026. White Flag.

"You talk a good talk for someone who backs out of every promise he makes, Harrington." I snapped, throwing the T-shirt at him that he'd loaned me.

The T-shirt he'd said he always liked to see me in.

"It's just not working anymore, Lou." He said, sadly.

"It's not working anymore? That have something to do with Nancy Wheeler being back on the market by any chance?" I asked.

"No, what do you take me for?" He asked, as I laughed in disbelief.

"It is, isn't it?" I asked, horrified.

"N-no...." He spluttered as I threw his jacket at him next.

"I know your lying face. I know when you're lying to me!" I cried, as he sighed loudly.

"Please don't do this." He begged.

"Do what? You've just broken up with me for Nancy Wheeler. Who dumped your ass for Byers, over a year ago." I spat.

"What have I done?!" I added, throwing my hands up in defeat.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." He said, sadly.

"Get your shit, and go." I snapped.

"I'm sorry.... I love her." He said, as I slowly turned to him, positively raging.

"And you didn't like me or anything like that?!" I asked.

"That's not what I meant!" He said, desperately.

"I trust that I served my purpose as your rebound then. I trust that I was a good enough distraction whilst you sat in the wings and waited for her. Good to know I did exactly what you wanted me to." I said, furious.

"Great to hear that this entire year meant nothing to you other than serve as something to take your mind off the girl you've truly wanted all this time. Nice going, Harrington." I added.

"It did mean something to me." He bleated.

"Just get out." I said, tiredly as I sank onto my bed, burying my face in my hands.

And without further arguing with me, he took his belongings that had littered my room for over a year, and left.

Left my life, without a second glance back.

********************************************
Eddie's POV.

"Harrington broke up with Lou over the weekend." I heard Dustin say, as I read a magazine, casually nibbling at a bag of pretzels from my lunch box.

I lowered the magazine and eyed him carefully.

"That have anything to do with the fact that Wheeler and Buyers also called time on their short lived relationship?" I asked, as Dustin shrugged

"Harrington says that wasn't the case." He said.