Twenty

"Huh?" Confusion and surprise washed over me as I looked around the gym, realizing that we had attracted the attention of everyone. Zephyr's bare chest gleamed under the harsh fluorescent lights as he removed his shirt, leaving me dumbfounded.

"Why?" I managed to ask, my voice barely audible. I knew he was trying to get a reaction out of me and I couldn't let him see how flustered I really was. Not in front of all these people.

"To see just how good you are," he replied with a sly smile. "Come on, show me what you got." He motioned towards the open mat where the men were sparring when I walked in. They quickly cleared out, ready to watch their Capo and wife fight, but Zephyr had other plans.

Kicking them out of the room, they grumbled and complained as they had hoped to watch us fight. I bit my lip nervously as I thought of my next move. Why did he clear them out?

"Scared your men will see how easily I take you down?" Zephyr laughed, his deep voice sending shivers down my spine.

"Quel corpo è solo per me guardare, tesoro," he replied despite knowing it was meant as a joke, the way he spoke Italian made every word sound seductive and powerful.

**(Translation: That body is only for me to look at, darling"**

Steel determination flooded through me as I squared my shoulders and stepped onto the large mat. It was enough space for multiple sparring matches, but now it was just him and me. The absence of any physical barriers between us felt intense, like we were on stage with a spotlight shining down on us.

"Ready?" Zephyr asked in a low but clear voice, breaking the silence that had enveloped us.

"I guess we'll see," I replied coolly, trying to hide the nervousness in my voice. I knew if he sensed even a hint of fear, he would pounce. After all, that's how predators worked.

Without warning, Zephyr charged at me with surprising agility. I quickly sidestepped and went for a sweep, but he anticipated my move and easily jumped over my outstretched leg. I rolled away from him to create some distance.

But before I could catch my breath, he was lunging at me again. This time, he grabbed my bare waist and pulled me into his hard body. Without hesitating, I used the momentum to pivot on one foot and throw him over my shoulder. But he was quick, landing on his feet with the grace of a cat. With lightning-fast reflexes, he lashed out with a swift kick towards my side.

My arms stung from the impact as I blocked his attack just in time. His gaze gleamed dangerously as he circled me, like a predator sizing up its prey. With every step he took, his eyes roamed over my body, analyzing and calculating each movement.

I twisted my lips into a smirk, ready to take the offensive. Lunging forward, I aimed for his midsection, but he easily deflected my blow. Undeterred, I tried again, this time faking left before quickly switching direction and aiming a punch at his jawline.

For a split second, it seemed like he wouldn't react in time. His eyes widened slightly and his arm shot up just in time to narrowly deflect my punch. The slight surprise in his expression only fueled the surge of victory through my veins.

"Not bad," he breathed, that same glint of surprise lingering in his gaze. I smirked again, relishing the satisfaction on my face.

"Underestimating me was your first mistake," I taunted, throwing a quick one-two jab towards him to keep him on his toes. He easily blocked both attacks, but the raised brow told me he was giving me more credit than before.

"It won't happen again," he promised with renewed vigor, launching himself at me once more. His movements were precise and lightning-quick - a punch aimed at my stomach followed by a swift kick directed at my shins. I managed to dodge them both just barely in time but felt the wind getting knocked out of my lungs.