Twenty-Seven

The moment his lips met mine, a soft gasp escaped my throat and my heart fluttered like a trapped bird. His taste was both familiar and exhilarating, and I felt a wave of emotions surge through me. My fingers tangled in his hair, pulling him closer as I savored the warm, tingling sensation that spread throughout my body. One of his hands slid down to my hip, the roughness of his stubble grazing against my skin and sending shivers down my spine.

Zephyr's tongue danced with mine, exploring every crevice with an eager fervor while his other hand roamed freely over my body. Each touch left a trail of goosebumps in its wake, building up a palpable heat between us. The weight of his body on mine was comforting yet electrifying, our hearts beating in unison as if time itself had stopped for us.

As he pulled away slightly, his intense gaze locked with mine and I couldn't help but feel drawn to him. "Tell me to stop," he whispered hoarsely against my lips before trailing kisses along my jawline and neck once more. Even though I knew I should resist, I couldn't bring myself to do it. The pain seemed to fade away in his presence, and the fact that he had kept his promise and saved my brother only added to the allure.

"Don't," I moaned softly, arching into him as if begging for more contact despite knowing it was a horrible idea that would surely lead to regret later on. But at that moment, all I wanted was him. His eyes darkened with desire at my response.

"Good," he growled before capturing my lips again in a hungry kiss. His body pressed closer to mine, making me melt into the mattress beneath us. He was surprisingly gentle with my injury, which surprised me considering how ruthless he appeared before. My fingers dug into his back, feeling the rough texture of his scars under my touch as our kiss grew more passionate.

His hands roamed over my body with a possessive hunger, igniting a fire within me that I hadn't felt in a long time. I squirmed underneath him, unable to suppress the breathy sighs and moans that escaped my lips as he nipped at my neck. His fingers trailed down my side, tracing every curve before settling on my hip. Each touch sent bolts of electricity through me, erasing any rational thoughts from my mind.

Despite the strong painkillers I had taken earlier, my senses were heightened and I felt myself surrendering to him entirely. The consequences and regrets could wait for another day - for now, all I wanted was to drown in this sea of lust and emotion. His mouth continued its journey, leaving a trail of wet kisses down my chest and over the bandage protecting my stitches. With each kiss and caress, he seemed to be taking away the physical pain that had consumed me. And in that moment, I couldn't bring myself to care about anything else but him. As he paused, looking up at me with eyes burning with desire, I knew that there was no turning back.

As he slowly pulled at the waistband of my shorts, I gasped at the sensation of his hot breath against my skin. A wave of heat spread through me, making my breathing erratic and my pulse thunder in my ears. His fingertips traced delicate patterns over the sensitive skin of my inner thigh, causing goosebumps to rise in their wake. Our eyes locked, a silent question passing between us.

"Zephyr," I whispered, my voice barely above a longing sigh. He smirked up at me, revelling in the effect he had on my body and mind. But suddenly, everything felt too intense and overwhelming. I needed a moment to collect myself, to catch my breath, but Zephyr's touch was making it impossible for me to think straight.

His gaze roamed down my body, filled with desire and anticipation. His fingers moved to trace the edge of my underwear, sending jolts of pleasure through me and causing a low moan to escape from my lips. My hands gripped tightly at the sheets beneath me as his head dipped down between my thighs and his mouth found its way to my most intimate area. Every nerve ending seemed to be on fire as his tongue worked magic, making my body arch and twist in ecstasy. His skilled fingers dug into my thighs as he continued to eat me out, driving me closer and closer to the edge.