Prologue: Yui

TW: CHILD ABUSE!!

"I regret everything."

—--------

"Get down! You're worthless to me!" She screamed, tears running down her face as she shoved the crying girl into the dark aly. "I wish I never had you! 10 years ago- That's- That's the biggest mistake of my life!"

"Your father is dead because of you!" The older woman's boot stomped the girl's face into the dirty pavement. "I can't- I can't believe something like you is related to me!"

She could remember the feeling ever so clearly, the degradation, the insult, the pain. It was hard to forget a childhood being ripped away from under you so quickly. The death of a parent is devastating. The death of a parent who never loved you hurts even more.

"No you don't" She whispered to herself, trying to push her foot off the top of her head where she could feel hot liquid pour down her face and into her eyes, blurring her vision. "You don't regret me."

"What did you say, monster!" The woman dragged the girl's head up to her face, whispering into her ear. "Did you dare challenge me?"

"I said, you don't regret anything! You wanted to make me into the strongest villain possible! But when I messed up that plan, you decided I was a mistake! You don't regret it at all." She lifted up her hand to the woman's face, and quickly brought a sharp fingernail across the older woman's cheekbone, drawing blood.

The woman's face fell, as the younger one smirked.

"You created this monster. You knew what would happen, combining your quirk with dad's. You thought that making a child with a man who can create knives out of his skin would mix well with a quirk that can control people's body movements. You wanted this to happen!" The younger girl's hand shot up towards her mother's body. Knives launched from the palm of her hand, piercing her skin.

"You provoked me to do this! Don't tell me you regret a single thing when the child you created, trained and groomed to be this way is torturing you!"

The older woman's eyes went red, and the girl's body went rigid.

"You dare to betray me once by killing your father, but twice?!" She twisted her hand, and the girl felt her arm snap. Her scream echoed down the empty street. "I. Regret. Everything." She enunciated each and every syllable, making the words drip down her tongue and into the girl's ears, poisoning her young mind.

"You will never be the hero you want to be!" The woman lifted another hand, and the girl felt her other arm pop out of its socket. "Where were the heroes when you were begging to be saved? Where are the heroes now? I'll kill you right here just to prove a point!"

The younger girl bared her teeth, fighting for her arm to regain control. Just a twitch in her finger would be enough to kill her mother if she could find the opening.

"You wouldn't dare kill your prodigy child. What would the League of Villains say when you don't come back with me?" She spit out, every breath she took strained against the familiar power of her mother.

Her finger twitched, and she could feel her mother's pulse under her power.

"I will be the greatest hero you have ever seen." A crack was heard.

"No child will ever have to suffer the way I have!" A snap.

"You should regret having me!" A pop.

"I hate you!" The sound of blood rushing from a snapped neck was heard throughout the dark alleyway. And the girl's body went limp, no longer under control by her mother.