Bonus Chapter: Sick on Valentines

It was freezing in Yui's room, and she shivered under the blankets as the clock dinged telling her to get up for the day. She knew she was sick but school waited for nobody, not even when your legal guardian was your teacher.

Pushing the covers off of herself, she got up, her feet greeting the plush carpet underneath them as she stepped forward. A stumble followed her as she slowly walked out of her bedroom, sneezing as she made her way to the kitchen. Breakfast sat ready for her on the table as Aizawa brewed his coffee.

"Happy Valentine's Day." He mumbled, intently stirring the foam on the top of his cup and adding a few heart sprinkles on top before sitting down next to her.

"I feel like shit." She grumbled, her head resting on the table. "And no, it's not my period so don't even ask me that."

"Is it because precious Bakugou didn't ask you on a date, or, may I suggest the equally talented and much more quiet Todoroki?" He teased, finishing his cup of coffee as Yui poked at her food.

"Oh shut up. Don't think I don't know about you and Hizashi." She stood from her plate. "Can you put this in this fridge for later? I'm going to try and get some more sleep before I have to leave for school."

"You really are my child."

———————

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Mina cheered, as Yui walked into the classroom. She put a hand to her head and sent a pleading look to Mina as she sat down at her desk.

"Please be quiet." She buried her head into her jacket as she attempted to sleep before homeroom.

"Now I can really see the resemblance between you and Aizawa. Are you sure you aren't adopted." Kirishima said as he brushed her hair with his fingers.

"First of all, not adopted, second of all, yes I'm sure he's not my dad." She grumbled.

"Holy shit!! You're burning up!" Kirishima exclaimed, as his hand brushed past her forehead. "Why are you even in school today?!"

"I'm begging you, please stop yelling." He covered her ears with her hands. "I didn't want to worry Aizawa so I just came to school."

"Well we can't have that, Yui." The door opened as Aizawa walked in. "Someone will take you home, you should be sleeping right now."

His eyes scanned over the class, intent eyes following each and every person as he analyzed who would be able to take Yui home the safest and the fastest.

Todoroki, would work, wouldn't he?

"Todoroki, take Yui home, and make sure she doesn't try to return to school afterwards." Aizawa dismissed him, as Yui stood and pulled on her jacket.

"Yes, sir." He spoke, no clear tone or emotion in his voice.

Mina made the 'I'll call you later' signal with her hand as Yui walked out of the door. She rolled her eyes and made a little blep with her tongue and if to say 'get your mind out of the gutter you ass.'

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, opening the door for her. She nodded and they stepped out into the Hallway.

—-------------------

The weather outside was cold, and the jacket Yui had was doing nothing to keep her warm as a fever continued to torture her body. She shivered as she leaned towards Todoroki's left side, his body radiating the heat she craved.

"Are you cold?" He mumbled quietly as they walked down the street. His breath illuminated by the steam that left his mouth with every exhale.

Yui nodded, sneezing into her elbow as they paused, waiting for the crosswalk. Todoroki leaned in closer towards her, draping his left arm over her shoulders, purposefully heating himself up to help Yui.

"Tell me if it starts to hurt, ok?" Yui nodded again.

A few more moments passed, and the duo relished in the comfort of the presence of each other without the addition of unnecessary conversation. It was a beautiful February morning despite the cold.

"Can I quickly just stop in this convenience store? I want to pick up some more tissues and maybe a miso soup for lunch." Yui asked, as they walked past the corner store by her apartment. Todoroki nodded at her as they changed their path into the store.

The warm air flooded her face as she took a deep breath, before it got caught in her throat causing her to break into coughs. Todoroki patted her on the back as he led her into the medicine aisle.

A box of tissues sat on a shelf, cute little paw prints covering the outside as she reached to grab it. She smiled at the little design, pointing it out to Todoroki.

"Isn't this so stupidly cute? I love Japan and the unnecessarily cute products." She spoke quietly, grabbing a bottle of headache relief off of the shelf next to her as well. The pair walked up to the counter, a container of hot miso soup in todoroki's hand as he grabbed the bag off the counter.

"I'll pay. My father has enough money anyways." He spoke calmly, setting down his credit card to pay.

"Thank you for the tissues and the soup." She spoke, leaning into his side once more as they stepped back out into the cold air of the city streets. "You make a good shopping buddy."

"You're welcome." Todoroki spoke clearly. Their pace remained even and leisurely as they walked the last two blocks to the apartment. As Yui slipped the key into the door, Todoroki's eyes wandered, taking in the pleasant view of the apartment block and street that he could see from the window.

The door opened, and Yui motioned for him to follow her inside.

"I'm home." She mumbled to the cat, slipping off her shoes and offering a pair of slippers to Todoroki. "Just place the food on the counter top. I'm going to go to sleep."

She stumbled down the hallway and into her bedroom, he stood awkwardly in the hallway before sitting down on the couch.

A few moments passed, and he could hear her settled breaths as he walked to go check up on her. Yui's face was contorted in discomfort as she pulled blankets up to her head, a sweat covering her forehead.

He pressed his hand to her cheek, feeling the temperature before going to get a dish rag he could freeze cold for her.

When he returned, he paused for a moment. Tucking in her sheets, he placed the towel onto her forehead.

As he left the apartment, he wrote a note and placed it onto the container of miso soup in the fridge. In all its sincere simplicity, it read:

'Dear Yui,

I hope you feel better when you read this. I tried to make you as comfortable as I could. In case you didn't notice, I put the headache relief and the tissues on your nightstand. I had a nice afternoon with you. I hope you had a happy Valentine's Day. Please call me Shoto from now on.

Sincerely, Shoto.'

This little chapter was actually a spur of the moment decision I made to write as I felt I owed my readers a little thanks for 200 reads on watt pad and 1300 on ao3. Personally, this is dedicated to LittleWerewolfLover as if not for them, I wouldn't have thought to have written a short little fluff between Yui and Todoroki. I hope you enjoyed! Please let me know what your thoughts are!