An Unexpected Duo

"So, you mean to tell us that after finding out your parents were dead, you lived alone, and then one day Sensei found you, and then you ended up living with him because you were a menace to the government?" Kirishima clarified, as Yui and Aizawa sat across from them in the kitchen.

"Yes, that's exactly it...." Yui trailed off, not meeting their eyes.

"You're bullshitting us." Bakugou accused, pointing a finger at Yui.

"She's not." Aizawa said sharply, cutting the string of doubt the kids had with his scissor-like eyes. "She was deemed a danger to society if found back in the hands of the League of Villains, and because I had found her, it was easy enough to make me her legal guardian. Besides that, we have no relationship."

"Ok, sounds legit."

"Thank you, Kaminari."

—————————-

"Welcome to the U.A. Sports Festival!" Present Mic's voice rang out through the arena. "This is the introduction of the next generation of heroes, and let me guess, you're all here for Class 1-A?!"

'Holy shit, this arena is packed." Yui sighed, following her classmates into the stadium. "I'm almost scared."

"Well you're almost scared, I'm terrified, they are praising us to the sky. How 'bout you, Bakugou?" Kirishima complained.

"No way. Don't get stage fright, asshat." Bakugou shushed him, coming to a stop in front of the stage, as the rest of the freshman followed through.

"Now now, lets be fair." Midnight's sweet voice rang throughout the arena, and Yui relaxed in the familiarity of the 18+ hero. "Let's get the player rep on the stage, come on Bakugou Katsuki."

"Oh? The Bakuogu is the player rep?" Yui teased, nudging his arm. Kirishima snickered and pushed him up.

"Like hell I am!! I got first in the entrance exam!!" Bakugou yelled at the duo, walking up the stairs to the stage. "I'm gonna place first."

"Ah shit, I knew he was going to do this." Kirishima slumped down, boos rang out through the arena. People yelling at class 1-a to not push their luck, or yelling for them to be taken seriously as an opponent.

"Aw don't be so distraught, you will all make fantastic stepping stones." He smirked.

"Dude, I'm even one of his classmates and I wanna rip him to shreds!" Kaminari sighed exasperated.

"Me too! He's given us a bad rep, and it's bad for my skin!"

"Don't worry Mina, you're never less than perfect." Yui comforted the pink skinned girl.

"All right! With that interesting introduction, we can move on to our next event! Onto the first round, like usual, most people will find themselves out of the running quickly, and this year will be no different with the obstacle race as the first event."

Yui sunk into herself.

'I should have known I had no chance in this whole thing.'

——————-

"Todoroki! Wait up." She yelled, as the students left the warm up room to head to the race track. "I have a proposal."

His blank eyes held confusion as they gazed into hers.

"My quirk isn't really suited for this, but yours is. And I know you are fully capable but you can't watch all of your blind spots constantly, so I can watch them for you if you get me through faster." She paused, waiting to see any sort of reaction. "I have excellent aim and can control upwards of 50 people at once, I can help you win this."