I Need Her

Yui groaned, her eyes opening in the bright lights of the recovery girl's office. She shifted in the bed, sitting up to face the sleeping body of Bakugou.

"Ah, you're finally awake." Recovery girl shuffled into the room, taking her head as she walked. "I thought I warned you about overusing your quirk."

"You did, granny Chiyo. I was reckless"

"I know, honey." She sighed, coming over to feel Yui's forehead, making sure her fever was gone. "It's not your fault those damn teachers are making you do things you aren't suited for."

Yui nodded, looking over to Bakugou's body.

"This young man brought you here, carrying you in his arms all bridal style. Young love is so cute!"

"Granny!" Yui felt her face blush red as she buried it into her hands.

It was hard for her to imagine that anyone could like her, let alone Bakugou, and now, she was dreading the feeling of butterflies she felt creeping into her stomach.

———————————

"Behold! The human cavalry battle!" Midnight called out over the crowd of murmuring teenagers. "You all can form teams of 2~4 people, with up to three as the base and one on top. Your aim is to steal the point headbands of other opponents."

Yui could feel the eyes of the crowd shift to Midoryia , then to Todoroki, then to Bakugou, and then to her when the list of places was called out.

"Of course, this is no normal cavalry battle! The number of points you have is based on your place in increments! Of course it's not all cut and dry, first... get one million!!"

Yui could feel her body relax under her point value in comparison to Midoryia. Blank eyes looked at Midoriya with malice as he cowered under their gazes.

"The time limit to choose your teams is running out! The point value of your team will be totaled up and put on your headband, the rider will wear this headband and keep it safe!"

"Saito! Please, I need people on my team-!" The student was interrupted by Yui's arm getting harshly pulled by Bakugou.

"Back off extra. I need her."

Midoriya's hand grabbed her other wrist and she paused.

"Yui! Yui please, no one will pair up with me." He pleaded, panicked.

"Yui, would you like to team up with me? We worked as a good pair."

Yui's eyes darted from person to person, the crowd surrounding her drawing in closer as she was the only person who could hold all of the other teams off with ease.

"Please stop!" She ordered, planting her feet into the ground and shaking the hands off of her. "Midoriya, I won't partner with you, it's not fair to everyone else if you are untouchable. Todoroki, I need experience working with other people and I have faith that you can do this without me. Bakugou- you know that actually sounds like a good idea."

"Damn right it does!" He yelled, almost happy at her agreement to their partnership. The crowd shifted from his partnership with Yui to begging to be the other two bases.

"Bakugou we would make a good team-"

"Everyone shut up! What are your damn quirks!" He yelled.

"Forget class b, he doesn't know his own classmates' quirks!? Talk about self absorbed." Mina said.

"Bakugou! Let's team up!!" Kirishima shouted. "Todoroki already got himself a full team!"

"Shitty hair." He mumbled.