Not Guilty

When they had finally got Yui to a hospital, she fell into a coma. One day passed, and Shinsou stood next to Aizawa as he sat next to Yui's bed, holding her hand. Bakugou had come to visit, but he left as soon as he came. She continued to sleep.

Yui remained asleep the next day, when it was decided that everyone would be moved into a dorm building. Aizawa reluctantly left his post at Yui's bed as he went house to house getting parental approval. Shinsou remained at her side, his thumb rubbing her hand gently.

The doctors tried to stitch up her arm as well as they could, but a good chunk was missing from her left forearm. It was obvious that the damage was done both on a surface level and down deeper.

The third day passed, and at around noon, her eyelids fluttered open.

"What happened?" She mumbled, her voice dry and hoarse. "And why are you here?"

"Wow thanks," Shinsou gently responded. "You passed out after you got to the hospital. It's been three days."

She jolted up in bed.

"What!?" She exclaimed, Shinsou gently pushed her down onto the bed again.

"Woah! Be careful! You're missing like a whole chunk of your arm!" He panicked.

"I'm WHAT!?" She yelled once more. "No, no, no this cannot be happening! Three days? Is Katsuki ok? Is All Might ok?"

She lifted up her injured arm, and struggled to close her fist. She could tell it was injured based off of the way it was wrapped, but was this nerve damage? How would she hold a knife? This was her left hand, how would she write?

"I- I can't close my fist." She whimpered, trying to wiggle her fingers. "I can barely move my fingers!"

Tears built up in her eyes. Shinsou furiously pressed the 'call nurse' button on her bed before answering her questions.

"The doctors told Aizawa that you had some nerve damage in your arm, and with some physical therapy it will eventually come back. Bakugou is ok, he came to visit but left as soon as he saw you. All Might is fine as well, he just retired."

"Oh my god, All Might retired." She whispered, her head facing her lap. "It's my fault."

Tears flowed down her face, as Shinsou pulled her into a hug.

"Don't worry." He soothed. "When I promised we would become heroes together, I meant it."

—-----------------------------

The walk to U.A. felt longer than usual, and for once she could feel the other student's stare at her with pity instead of horror. Her arm was limp in a sling.

"Yui! I'm so glad you're ok!" Mina squealed as Yui walked up to the entrance of the new dorm. "What happened to your arm?"

She dropped eye contact.

"I got some nerve damage, so I can't really move my fingers." She attempted to close her hand into a fist. "It should get better with some physical therapy."

"That's good! I can help you!" Mina smiled, wrapping her arm around Yui's neck as a little side hug before Aizawa started to speak.

"First of all, what's more important is that you are all here and relatively uninjured." He spoke loud and clear over the class of teenagers.

"The same goes for you, Aizawa! I'm glad you're still here." Tsuyu spoke in a worried tone, "After watching that interview I thought you would have been fired."

"It's surprising to me as well," He glanced at Yui, her expression as downcast as it was when she woke up. He thought being with her classmates would cheer her up a tiny bit, if anything. "I need to give you guys a briefing on the dorms, but before that,"