Promises to Heal

TW!! SELF HARM DESCRIPTIONS AND MENTIONS OF SUICIDE!!!

---------------------------------------

After a while, scars stop healing, and start blending into one big mess. And it hurts to look at the mess that could have been prevented. The lines littering her body only made her feel dirtier, the bandages holding her together threatened to unravel.

In the quiet of the apartment, in the dead of night, there was nothing to stop the thoughts from flooding Yui's mind. How was she supposed to know that she was self destructive if this was all she had ever known?

It wouldn't hurt if she did it just once, right?

Yui shook her head, curling her palms into balls as she sat on her bathroom floor. She couldn't do that. She has had enough of her stupid knives, her stupid quirk, her stupid past. It was eating away at her slowly, and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

Everytime she looked in the mirror and saw those scars she saw all of her faults, everything she had done wrong, her impurities. But she wasn't fragile. There was no reason to be afraid of the monsters that tore at her from behind the scars.

It would hurt if she did it just once. And she couldn't risk it on a fleeting hope that it would make her feel better.

The glistening blade of a sharp knife clattered into the trash can as she walked out of her bathroom.

——————-

It was an adjustment to be back into school after being almost brutally murdered by an old teacher. But Yui walked into class like it was any other day, her calm exterior not giving way to her previously panicked interior.

"Yui!" Kirishima crashed into a hug with the girl as soon as she stepped into the room. "I can't believe you were attacked by the hero killer! And you told us to be safe?? And then almost got killed!"

"Honestly that was just dumb." Bakugou chastised her. "It can't be that hard to avoid a situation like that, idiot. But I'm glad you're ok."

Yui's heart fluttered.

"Aw, Bakugou! That's the first nice thing you've ever said to me." She teased, poking his cheeks until he got so angry that his hair returned to its normal, un-styled state.

"You know who really transformed the most over their hero agency training? It has to be those four." Kaminari pointed to the trio of boys standing in the back by Todoroki's desk and then to Yui. "You know, the hero killer and stuff."

"Dude, yeah! The hero killer!" Sero exclaimed. "So happy that you're alive; when I heard about it I expected you guys to be dead."

Yui rolled her eyes, before flicking Sero in the head.

"Thanks for all the confidence you have in us, it means so much."

"They say you guys got rescued!" Mina spoke loudly over the quiet bickering in the room. "Endeavor, right? That's the number 2 hero for you."

Yui groaned under her breath, catching Todoroki's eyes rolling so far back into his head that they would both get stuck.

"Yep. Rescued." He grumbled, causing Yui to quietly snicker. "Love that guy."

"I saw it on the news:" Ojiro interrupted. "Something about the hero killer and the League being connected? I shiver thinking about how differently USJ could have played out had he come a long."

"Yeah he was pretty scary, buuuut," Kaminari inconsiderately said. "Did you watch the video? I dunno if it was his single track mind or the fact that he was actually just fucking insane, but he was kinda cool."