Dreams of the Night

A cold sweat woke Yui from her dream, and she pleaded with her chest to give her breath back as she sat gasping against her headboard. The room was dark, and her curtains billowed in the wind as the warm outside air came with the wind.

It was almost morning and there was no point in trying to sleep again. Yui flopped back into her pillows, and covered her eyes with her hands.

Nightmares are a plague of the past in everyday life. One moment she found herself moving on from the chains that bind her to the childhood that blinded her, and one moment she found herself grasping for the key that was just out of reach.

She hoped that this grey suit covering her eyes would fall to reveal the light behind it.

But for now, nightmares plague her memories, as people from the future reach out to save her.

——————————————-

"For the hero skill we will study today, we will be studying rescue and conducting our own rescue trials. All Might, myself and one other teacher will be teaching you." The class quieted to a hushed whisper of excitement over the mystery teacher.

"A rescue trial, huh?" Yui whispered to herself, feeling assured in her capabilities.

"Sounds a bit difficult to me," Kaminari sighed, not looking excited at the situation. "I don't know about this."

"What?! Come on dumbass this is the entirety of a hero's job!" Kirishima clapped a hand into his back, and Yui could feel the bruise forming on the electro boy's body.

"As I was saying," The class quieted at the harsh note from the teacher. "It's up to you whether or not you want to wear your costume, some of them aren't ideal for this test. But you have a little time to decide before we get on the bus to the training arena."

"Yes sir!" It echoed through the classroom, and Yui pushed herself up to go grab her costume. She could feel; her hands shaking in the fists she gathered them in, not knowing if it was excitement, exhaustion, or overall anxiety causing her own weapons to betray her.

The class got into lines to board the bus, Yui fidgeting with her straps grabbed onto the nearest friend she had, ending up with the familiar redhead standing next to her.

"So it was kinda pointless to do all of that organizing." She sighed tiredly, sitting down next to the shirtless boy.

"Yeah it kinda was," He stated in agreement. "Are you ok?"

His eyes held concern, but all she could see behind the irises of her friend was pity, making her feel sick to her stomach.

"Yeah, just not excited to run around for a while." He nodded in agreement, despite his endless energy.

"Hey I'm kinda jealous that you got such a flashy quirk Midoryia! There's a lot you can do with it!" Kirishima butted into the conversation, and Yui mentally woke herself up to listen in on them. "There's not much I can do besides punching with mine."

"I think its an awesome quirk! Definitely one worthy of an amazing hero!" Midoryia gushed, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

Everyone added their own comments about the conversation, and Yui could pick up the admiration the people around her had for each other. She understood the awe surrounding the other students on the bus, but everytime someone mentioned hero-like quirks, she felt like throwing up.

"If we are talking strong and flashy it would be a crime not to mention Bakugou and Todoroki!"

"But to be honest he won't be popular, no one likes a man child."