Dad

All Yui could remember from after the battle was falling into Aizawa's arms, sobbing. Completely overwhelmed with emotions, she collapsed into his arms. Her heart raced in her chest. She had beat her master and it was a weird sort of closure for her.

She was also pretty badly injured, her stomach, arm and shoulder were in dire need of stitches, and most of her head was in shambles.

How could she go on now? She had blocked all of her memories, all of her trauma, and then he came back. He comes back and he calls her little Yui like he did when she was little, like he did when he cared.

So she sobbed, until the ambulances showed up and took her to the hospital. She sobbed, for the loss of her childhood, and she sobbed for the pain of her friends.

—--------------------------

"Now that I can reflect more calmly, that was pretty impressive." Midoriya sighed, sitting in his own hospital bed in the room they sat in. The four of them were awake, and covered in bandages after the fight. "After being shown how strong he really was, it's a miracle we're still alive."

"He let us live," Yui spoke quietly, hands balled into fists on her lap. "If he wanted to kill us he would have, no questions asked."

"Yep, no doubt about it; he let us live." Todoroki nodded in agreement before turning to Lida "You were faced with such intense bloodlust and still you stood right back up to face him. That was pretty badass, and I was the one supposed to end up rescuing you. My bad."

He spoke, uncharacteristically loud as he recounted the night before him.

"Oh! The hurt locker's already awake~" An old short man walked into their hospital room, causing Yui to let out a squeak and pull up her blankets over her legs.

"Gran Torino!" Midoriya yelled.

"Unbelievable, I wanted to grumble my heart out but we have a visitor" Yui squeaked once more as a literal dog walked into the room. And Lida, Todoroki and Midoryia just acted like it was completely normal? She didn't understand.

"I'm the chief of police in Hosu. My name is Tsuragame Kenji. Don't worry, you can remain seated. I know you had it quite ruff!" Did he just bark and make it a pun? Yui thought last night was confusing but this was a whole other level. "So, you're the kids who stopped the Hero Killer! U.A. really is crazy.

The four of the students sat on the edge of their beds, waiting to be told the news about what was going on with Stain after they apprehended him. And Yui wanted to know if he had told anything about her to the police.

"Regarding the Hero Killer, he sustained several injuries, some serious and some not so bad, and has been under treatment for them. He hasn't spoken since." The policeman, police-dog?, continued to speak, his tone becoming serious. "Since the age of quirk, the police have emphasized control where heroes cannot, as you are not certified heroes you are required to follow the law of unauthorized quirks in public. If we don't enforce these rules, villains would become even more dangerous to the public, so what you have done is a top violation of our rules."

The room was silent, and tense as Yui gripped her sheets. Her mind was racing with thoughts of possibly being expelled, jailed or just sent to the streets to fend for herself once more.

"You four pups and all of the heroes involved will be handed an adequate impartial punishment." He concluded, pausing his train of thought before Todoroki shot up from his bed.

"Wait, hold on, if Lida hadn't moved in on him, then Mr. Native would have been killed, if Midoriya hadn't arrived then both of them would have died, and if Yui never started fighting we all would have fallen victim to his quirk without her knowledge. At that point nobody noticed the Herp Killer was in Hosu.'" A silence filled the room as Todoroki took a sharp breath in. "So are you saying that we should have followed the rules and let everyone die?"