A Daughter's Love

An evil and grating laughter rang out in the small training room that she stood in. Whipping the blood from her mouth, she pushed herself into a stand.

"My child," His voice boomed, angry and full of spite. "You didn't really think I would let you win that easily, did you?"

"N-no," She spat, the blood in her mouth sputtering as she exhaled. "I want killing you to be fun."

He laughed one more time.

"Kill me? You foolish child. You could never lay a finger on me."

She growled in anger, lunging forward towards him. Her balance was uncoordinated and messy but her grip on the dagger in her hand was just as striking and strong as it could ever be.

He turned to the side, smirking when she fell past him in her frenzied state.

As she turned around, he almost failed to realize the slight stinging pain that he felt in his left arm before his entire body tensed up.

"I never needed to lay a finger on you," She taunted. "I never needed you at all!"

Her laugh sounded as evil as his as she cackled. His body twitched and thundered under her finger tips, his pulse desperately tried to break free.

She clenched her fist a little tighter, her grip a little stronger.

"What's the matter?" Her smile grew crazy. "You can't win against a nine year old?"

The pressure in his body grew, and she squeezed harder and harder until a sickening pop could be heard in the tiny training room.

"Aw," She cooed. "That's too bad~"

—————————————————————

"This facility is super high end!" Mina said, her excitement radiating off of her body. "No wonder this is where the magic happens."

"Thank you for noticing how nice this facility is, it is of my own creation that I am able to mend it to each and every student's needs." Cementos responded to Mina's comment. "Hence the name, Dreamland."

"Nice!" She responded.

"If I could ask a question," Lida spoke loudly. "Why are these special moves so important to obtain a provisional license!?"

"I'll explain it in a moment," Aizawa grumbled. "Please chill out."

Yui tugged at different parts of her hero costume as the teachers explained why they needed a special move. It felt weird wearing it when she didn't feel like a hero, not even to herself.

How could she feel like a hero if she was crippled? The word disabled made her feel even more sick, like the doctors who diagnosed it were looking down upon her. Part of Yui knew that if they really annoyed her that much that she could just prove them wrong, but..... she couldn't.

A week doesn't feel like a long time until you can't use your hand or arm for a week. When you can't wash your hair by yourself, or need your best friend to prepare your breakfast because you can't hold the milk or when you have to ask for your friend to move you into an apartment because you can't hold the boxes.

Yui didn't want to make a special move until she herself felt like she deserved a move to call special. One that allowed both of her arms and both of her legs. But she knew she needed to keep up in school.

"Let the spirit of plus ultra take you to new heights," Aizawa concluded the teacher's speeches as Yui returned to the class mentally. "Are you all ready?"

"I'm pumped!!" Denki yelled, shaking Yui back and forth.

"I see that, thanks Denki." She grumbled.

————————————