Malfoy & Potter

I look over and see poor James failing again at trying to get Lily. I don't know why he won't give up the girl is clearly not into him. "There you go again.." I look towards my Ravenclaw best friend Ella "what?" She smirks twirling me "watching James, I know you like him. Why not go over there and have a conversation with him. He looks like he can use a person to hangout with." She was right, all his friends were off doing their own thing while he was in the corner. He looks around the room and his eyes meet mine. I look back down blushing, "go!" She says pushing me.

As I make my way over a very drunk sirius knocks me down running over to James. When sirius gets there he starts talking "Sirius really? You didn't see that you ran into someone?" Sirius with a confused face looks around and sees me on the ground.

Not going to lie can I just sit here for the rest of the night? Absolutely not, now go talk to him! I can just hear my best friend say. I'm taken out of my thoughts when a hand is held out in front of my face. "Need a hand?" James asks me, oh my gosh...well this is not how I intended for it to go, but oh well. I put my hand in his and he helps me up. "Sorry about him.." I smile "it's okay it's not your fault." He smiles awkwardly "would you like to sit?" He points to the red couch. "Sure!" I look over at my best friend smiling at me while she dances with Peter.

"How come I've never seen you around before?" He asks pouring me a drink, I shrug "I don't really go to parties, my best friend brought me because she wanted to meet up with Peter..your best friend." I say pointing to them. When he looks over they are indeed grinding on each other. After about two hours of talking to him I ask him "James why do you keep asking Lily out?" He sighs and looks down at his drink. "I don't know anymore..I thought she could be the one, but after tonight I have given up."

"I'm sorry she never said yes, your a great catch James. Your smart, talented,  funny.. I could go on. Don't let her stop you from dating. I know all the mean things she's said has to hurt, but any girl would be lucky to have y-" he leans in and kisses me and I kiss him back. When he breaks the kiss he looks me in the eyes. I break eye contact looking the other way. "Want to go hangout in my dorm?" I nod and he takes my hand walking us upstairs. When we open the door, Remus and Sirius were making out on the bed. James says two spells for silence and for the curtain to go around them.

"Knowing my luck they'll be making out all night." I giggle at his words "must happen a lot?" He nods walking us over to his bed. As I sit I look around the four boys room. It looked like the lion of Gryffindor threw up in here. I can't say anything I have badger yellow and black stuff everywhere. He smiles grabbing the fire whiskey from what I  guess is his secret stash. "Secret stash?" He smirks and nods walking back over with two glasses. We sit there for a little while longer drinking and talking until he stops and looks at me. Which is strange because we were on the subject of quidditch.

He takes my head in his head turning me to look at him. He looks down at my lips and back into my eyes. Waiting a second longer for any negative reaction he leans in and kisses me. When he breaks the kiss he looks at me questionably, I nod and he says the spell to close the curtains and silence us. The whole night lead to a lot of passion and let's just say Mr. James Potter is good in bed.

Since that night James has been talking to me and hasn't asked Lily out at all. I'm surprised.. "what is your plan today?" He asks me while we sit at the Gryffindor table in the great hall eating breakfast. "I plan on getting some work done and maybe taking a walk around campus. How about you?" He smiles "staying with you of course." I smile and pick up a pancake "sounds good, where do you want to study mine or yours?" I can feel Lily's eyes on us. "Mine" I nod taking a bite, looking around I spot my best friend talking to her prefect. What has she done now!? She meets my eyes walking over to me sitting beside Peter.