Chapter 5: Detective and Training

Izuku was shocked and weirdly happy that his idol hero got put on his case, but he was defiantly on edge now that he was out for his nightly patrol.

That morning, Izuku had talked with Eraser a bit about Rabbit and took a small risk saying that he liked the vigilante since he seemed to do a lot of good. Luckily, the hero had agreed and grumbled a complain about him being a 'problem child'. Izuku had to hold back his surprise that the hero agreed, most heroes would complain about laws and 'being too lazy to get a license', but Eraser hadn't. It made Izuku's chest warm in happiness while solidifying Eraserhead's number 1 spot in his mind.

It was strange to think about now, that the hero who has been drinking his coffee almost every morning for nearly a year was now on his case. The hero didn't know that, but obviously Izuku did, and the thought was surreal to him.

Unfortunately, tonight was an information night for Izuku, he had spent a few hours hacking and compiling information to a flash drive before finally heading out at midnight. He had spent the past few nights out in the field and had forgotten to gather information in a while, so there was a lot to collect this time around.

Rabbit landed on a rooftop next to the police station and used the new zoom function of his visor to look into the window that he always used. It led straight into Detective Tsukauchi's office. At this point, the detective would purposefully leave the window with a weak lock on it so that Rabbit could slip in and out without an issue, but he was always careful. Even if the detective hadn't tried to arrest him in months, even when they saw each other in his office, Rabbit tried not to get comfortable. They could decide to actually go after him anytime.

The office was dimly lit, but there was no sign of the detective inside, so Izuku quickly unlocked the window and slid in. He had 2 flash drives this time around, there was a lot of information and he needed to separate them into an urgent and less urgent file, so different flash drives was the best answer.

Sticky notes in place, Rabbit began to open the small window when the door suddenly squeaked open. Izuku perched himself on the windowsill and locked eye with the tired man in a trench coat.

"Rabbit", Tsukauchi greeted, he had started going numb to seeing Rabbit in his office after years of occurrences. "Another information night? It's been a while."

Izuku just nodded and tilted his head towards the desk where his two flash drives sat. The detective picked them up, reading the notes. He sighed, "thank you for the extra paperwork", a small smile tugging upwards despite the man's late night fatigue.

Rabbit just nodded again and slipped out the window, disappearing into the shadows.

~ ~ ~

After leaving the station, Izuku couldn't help but think about Eraserhead. The hero was on his case now and that meant that they might run into each other. Sure, Izuku has never let anyone, especially a hero, see him too clearly. Even victim's didn't see him long, usually in too much shock to recall details about the vigilante.

But Eraserhead was different. Not just because Izuku loved the hero as his favorite, but he had heard straight from the hero himself, that he liked Rabbit. That meant that he probably wouldn't be too persistent or focused on his capture. Best case, Izuku hoped they could work together or become some kind of friends(?). Worst case, the hero would believe that 'taking him in' would 'help' the vigilante or some bullshit.

"Maybe he would try to make me a hero", Izuku mumbled sarcastically, knowing that it was impossible, and getting caught would reveal that.

Either way, Izuku found himself actually looking out for the hero that night, even if he didn't show himself, he wanted to see the hero in action. He was disappointed in the end, the hero never showed and Izuku needed to get going. Today he was going to start training Hitoshi after work, and he would need a lot of coffee for that.