Chapter 22: USJ Part 1

Izuku fiddled with several random parts he had nervously, his friend doing the same but with less anxiety and more boredom. Him and Mei were currently waiting next to Aizawa at the bus that would take them and Class 1-A to the USJ. They had already changed into gym outfits and loaded their gear under the bus. Excitement had made them a bit too eager to arrive early and now they had to wait for the hero students.

Hitoshi was the first one out of course, not waiting to walk with his classmates. With a scowl, Izuku lightly slapped his friend's shoulder.

"What was that for?"

"You need to make some friends, they are your future colleagues."

"You do realize how hypocritical that is right?"

He flushed and puffed his cheeks in a pout at the taller boy. "Actually, I will have you know that I have talked with my classmates other than Mei and even a few older students."

A proud smile crept onto his face while Hitoshi's eyes widened slightly. "Really?"

"Yes really, Mei, I have socialized with our class right?"

The previously occupied girl didn't look up from her tiny invention and simply nodded, "I am as surprised as you are, but he has talked with them... I think they want to see Sushi more though."

The sleeping cat in his bag shifted at mention of her name but went back to sleep quickly. Before Izuku could rebuttal Mei's claim, the hero students finally showed up. A few looked at him and Mei curiously, but they stayed silent as Aizawa spoke.

"Right, I told you yesterday that some other students would be joining us. This is Megumi Izuku and Hatsume Mei from the Support Course. They will be doing their own thing, so do not distract them once we are there."

Izuku nervously glanced over at Katsuki when his name was mentioned, but the blond only gave a small scowl at his given name. He didn't recognize him. It had been almost 6 years now and Izuku now had black hair plus less baby fat on his face, so it was fine.

Ilda, the class president apparently, had everyone introduce themselves to the two and then tried to get everyone onto the bus in an orderly fashion by seat number only to be crushed at the realization it wasn't that kind of bus. Mei had patted his shoulder sympathetically before boarding with a snickering Izuku and Hitoshi on her heels.

"Megumi-kun, Hatsume-chan, I usually say what's on my mind and I was wondering why you two are joining us if you are also first years, ribbit."

The two glanced at each other before Izuku decided he was the best to explain. "Well, we are both ahead of our class as we both already had prior experience with making support gear. Power Loader told us it would be good for us buuuut, I'm pretty sure he just wanted a break from Mei." He smirked.

Said girl gasped, "Why would he ever need a break from me and my babies?!"

Izuku ignored the several choking and shocked hero students around him. "Well considering you've blown something up every single day and it hasn't even been a week..."

"Plus, I saw him slam his head on a desk the other day when I came in with you two after school for my gear." Hitoshi chimed in with a smirk.

While Mei was pouting, Izuku turned back to the class who was just watching them, "Well, Asui was it? That's pretty much the reason, but we are both super excited to test some things out."

"Call me Tsu."

"Oh? Then please call me Izuku."

The conversation continued and Izuku found himself liking a few of these kids, As-Tsu was pretty cool. Somehow, they got to talking about their quirks and Tsu even pointed out his aggressive personality to which Katsuki proved by yelling back. He had to become her friend now.