Chapter 19: UA

There were a few weeks before the first day at UA, and Izuku made sure he was productive every minute of it. He worked a bit longer at the café in order to stash a bit more funds just in case and began to train himself again. He had spent so much of his time helping Hitoshi, that he neglected to push himself.

Of course, Izuku didn't need the extra training per se, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure he wasn't getting rusty. He still had to go out as Rabbit.

The biggest accomplishment of his time was getting Sushi her hero-companion license. The night after the exam, she had used her quirk and Izuku immediately analyzed it so he could fill out the paperwork.

She could create two duplicates of herself, one with both gold eyes and the other with both violet while her original had her usual dual eye colors. The duplicates could become solid or made of air like ghosts and their tail tips and paws formed mist at the ends depending on how solid they were.

It would be very helpful to working on support gear- but not for his heart when he came home from patrol to three cats, two of which looked like ghosts. Yeah, that gave him quite the scare.

The good news was he could put down her quirk and make her able to come with him essentially everywhere. He technically would still become a hero in the support course, and he did plan to eventually get a hero license, so he was in the clear.

Nezu apparently was also fond of Sushi and approved the paperwork a day after he submitted it.

Aizawa still showed up nearly every morning that week and he even saw Yamada and Hitoshi a few times as well. Not at 4 am like Aizawa, but sometimes the hobo hero would stay until his husband and son came in at 8am for breakfast before they went home together.

The week flew by and his lack of sleep was beginning to catch up to him. He was buzzing with too much energy after getting his acceptance letter to just sit around or sleep. Turns out that was a bad idea.

Thankfully, Yui came to his rescue, much to Izuku's dismay, and forced him to go home after working only 3 hours on Sunday. She had even given him melatonin to take when he got back.

She was the closest thing to a mother at the moment, so he listened to her and went to sleep. Twelve hours later Izuku woke up in sudden fear that he was in a coma. His body panicked at the unusually long amount of sleep he got for once, fun.

At least he was well-rested now. It was currently 10 pm so Izuku turned on his computer and got to work.

~ ~ ~

'Ow'

Izuku absently rubbed his eyes while yawning, Mei and Hitoshi gave him a deadpan look.

"Zuku, did you even sleep last night?"

He turned to his friends, a lock of dramatic horror on his face, "Why how dare you? I'll have you know I slept 12 whole hours yesterday."

They both gave him a disbelieving look. "Really now?"

He nodded with a proud smile, "yes actually, Yui gave me some melatonin and I slept like I was dead." Izuku chuckled, "I just did a lot of work last night and I forgot my blue-screen glasses for the first few hours and my eyes hate me for it."

Mei patted his shoulder sympathetically, "It happens to the best of us Izu-kun."

There was a moment of silence before the three broke out laughing.

"Anyways, how do you think your class will be Toshi?"

The boy sighed and shook his head with a smile. "My dad is planning to do his quirk test today, he told me not to worry about it, I know he wouldn't expel me unless I did something stupid, but I still want to do good you know?"