Chapter 24: Back to School

(Aizawa POV)

Aizawa narrowed his eyes in suspicion and worry when his husband and Problem Child's friends walked into the room. Both him and Izuku had woken up a few hours ago and he bet that the group had rushed over, but that wasn't the thing that concerned him.

All three of them, including Hizashi, were glaring at the nurse who was attending to him, anger evident in their eyes. He needed answers.

"Why do you all look like you're going to kill someone?"

The kid beat him to it with a deadpan expression while Aizawa ducked his head slightly as a smile tugged at his lips. When no one responded, all resorting to looking at the floor or walls, Aizawa raised his eyebrow as much as his bandages allowed.

"Problem Child is right, what is it?"

A beat of silence later and Hitoshi sighed defeatedly. The visiting trio shared a look before Hizashi took a deep breath, as though calming his anger, but still seemed at a loss for words.

"Izuku they-"

"They want me gone already, right?"

Aizawa felt a twinge of pain shoot through his body with how fast he turned at the resigned voice of his usually bright and snarky kid. He almost missed the other three stiffening with wide eyes, confirming to Aizawa that it was true.

Thankfully, Zashi knew that he would want more details, so his husband leaned in to explain what happened quietly. No reason for Izuku to hear the specifics of what happened seeing as he was expecting this apparently.

By the time he was done explaining, Aizawa had half a mind to get up and resolve this problem himself, threaten a few higher ups, sue for discrimination, get some people fired, the basics. A carefully cheerful voice stopped him.

"Please do not worry Aizawa, Megumi, you will not be leaving until you are fully healed, and new staff will be attending to the two of you."

That made Aizawa, Hizashi, and, surprisingly, Izuku, smirk while the two other problem children looked confused. The pink one, Mei spoke up first with a scowl. "What changed their minds?"

Nezu's eyes glinted dangerously as his voice dropped. "I will not tolerate discrimination of my students."

Even after years of working for the rat, Aizawa found himself shivering alongside the rest of the room's occupants with how cold his voice was. This hospital would be lucky if it didn't see a whole new management in the next week. But judging by his boss's expression, they would.

Before anyone could say anything else, Recovery Girl walked inside shaking her head and muttering curses in a way Aizawa knew that she also heard what had happened.

"You both should have enough energy for my quirk, after you wake up, most everything should be healed, but you will remain here for a few days to make sure everything is good."

She sent a pointed look at Aizawa, one he resolutely didn't react too, before moving to plant a kiss on both his and Izuku's hand. Darkness came not long after.

~ ~ ~

Izuku felt consciousness flow into his, for once, empty dreams as light grew from beyond his closed eyelids. With a large yawn, he allowed his mind to clear before he froze in a panic. This wasn't his bedroom.

He sat up and looked around frantically before bright green met onyx and oh- he was in the hospital and that was Aizawa. Right.

"Morning Problem Child."

"Ah, um, morning Aizawa-sensei."

They stared at each other for a moment while Izuku's heartbeat was calming down from his panic. Then he remembered Nezu. If Izuku had been able to move yesterday, he would have hugged that rat. Had they kicked him out, who knows what would have happened, he couldn't exactly let them take him home.