Chapter 11: Shinso Saved

A/N: Dadzawa.exe is booting up

~ ~ ~

Hitoshi felt pretty dumb now as the three men approached him, smirking. Izuku had taught him so much about fighting and being aware of his surroundings, but the one night he does something risky, he forgets almost all of it.

And then, without warning, his hero appeared.

~ ~ ~

Hitoshi blinked in shock as a small figure appeared from seemingly nowhere and knocked out the largest of the three men with one swift movement. The other two men stared for a only a moment before they cursed and rushed for Hitoshi, hoping to use him as a hostage.

Unfortunately for them, Rabbit was faster and rushed forward, knocking them both out in the process before turning towards Hitoshi.

He knew he must look pretty dumb right now, with his eyes wide open and mouth hung in disbelief. But he couldn't help it, the Rabbit had just saved him. The vigilante who Hitoshi had secretly admired ever since a video of one of his fights had been uploaded (even though it and any others got take down shortly after).

Rabbit silently walked up to him and waved a hand in front of his face, Hitoshi realized he must have been staring and quickly looked away, blushing slightly in embarrassment.

"Umm- I... thank you..." Hitoshi stumbled over his words, glancing between Rabbit and the criminals he had just taken down.

The vigilante just chucked at him before reaching out a hand to help him up, which he gladly took.

"No problem", Rabbit's electronic voice replied before having a slightly sharper tone, "but what exactly were you doing out so late?"

~ ~ ~

Izuku had been silently cursing when he watched Hitoshi go on the parkour route, but he didn't stop him. The exercise was good for him, Izuku knew. But then, he noticed how his friend seemed to forget all his warnings about danger and being aware. And Izuku's uneasy feeling was proven right when three men saw him.

Thankfully, Hitoshi was able to block the punch thrown at him, but now he was corned and Izuku began to curse once more to himself as he rushed in to help his friend. The fight was easier than his trainings with Hitoshi, he didn't even break a sweat, but at the moment he was more focused on the boy.

No, he couldn't just start lecturing him. He was Rabbit right now, not Izuku. One slip up could reveal himself, especially since he wanted to chew him out about how he didn't even notice the men in the first place.

So instead, he inwardly sighed and just pretended to be none the wiser to the fact that Hitoshi had the skills to defend himself. Right now he was just any other kid.

"Umm- I... thank you..."

Izuku chucked at his friend and held out an arm to help him up.

"No problem", Izuku tried to keep his voice level, but his next words were a bit too accusatory. "but what exactly were you doing out so late?"

The taller boy looked down and began to fumble with his shirt's hem, eyes darting around as if searching for an excuse on the ground.

"I needed some air, sleepless night..."

Izuku knew that Hitoshi wasn't exactly in is best shape right now after being kicked out, but come on. The boy was usually a damn good liar (even if Izuku could still see though it), and the best he can come up with is 'needing fresh air'. At 1 in the morning.

Knowing he didn't have time to pry right now, Izuku just nodded and told him to call the police while he restrained the criminals.

Now there was a problem. Hitoshi couldn't go home right now, in fact Izuku refused to let him go home after today. If he hadn't listened to his paranoia and didn't check in on Hitoshi- Well, the boy might have been found dead in this alley. Even his friend wasn't yet ready to fight three opponents twice his size with decently dangerous quirks.