Chapter 12: Hero Family

Eraser had thankfully kept up with Izuku, ahem, Rabbit about Shinso's case and how his friend was doing (Even if Hitoshi was texting him about it himself). Apparently Mic had been more than happy to take him in an also lent a hand to the case. It wasn't even 12 hours later that he had received a message from Eraser that they were making a move. It also helped that Izuku had used his spy fly to get some evidence of the parents ranting to themselves about Hitoshi and how they were going to treat him when he got home that morning. Not very subtle about it either.

At noon, Izuku asked to leave work early and watched from a nearby alley as Eraserhead arrested the two ex-foster parents. According to the texts the hero sent, President Mic had wanted to come as well, but ended up staying home with Hitoshi. It was a good call, based on how Mic had furiously helped with the case as soon as he heard it, the man was angry and as much as they all wanted to, they could not punch the people. Aizawa probably wanted to as well, but he has a bit more control over his anger.

The two of them were missing from the coffee shop for 4 days. Sure, it made Izuku a bit sad and dare he say lonely, but Hitoshi was finally getting help and that's all that mattered. The trial was held, and Hitoshi had to get settled into his new home with the heroes after they signed the papers, and he was officially apart of their family.

Finally, they came back to the coffee shop, this time together with Yamada as well. As a family. While the two adults were lagging behind, arguing about something, Hitoshi walked up and waved. "Hey Zuku"

Izuku smiled brightly. "Hi Toshi! Good to see you again!"

Suddenly, the heroes' conversation stopped and Aizawa raised an eyebrow, eyes glancing between the two in mild curiosity. "You two know each other?"

He nodded happily, "Yup! Have for some time now, it's good to see you again Aizawa and I presume this is your husband, Yamada? Nice to meet you sir, I am Megumi Izuku."

"Nice to meet you too Little Listener! Sho here has been gushing about your coffee for years now."

Aizawa glared at him accusingly before turning back to Izuku, "I'll just take my regular."

"Me too", Hitoshi piped up.

After typing in their orders that he knew by heart (and because they were so simple), Izuku turned to Yamada who was looking over the menu. "I'll just have some black tea and slice of pumpkin bread."

Izuku finished up their order/payment and went to make the drinks while the family sat down at the Aizawa's usual table.

As he walked out with their drinks and pastries on a tray, he spotted Yui talking with the family.

"those dirty little- "

"Yui, it's fine. They are gone now."

"I know, but if I ever see them, I will not hesitate to teach them a thing or two"

"Don't worry, those two won't be out of there for a long time, me and Zashi made sure of it."

Izuku walked up and smiled, "Don't get too upset Yui, from what I've heard, they got what they deserved."

He began to hand out the drinks and pastries while Yui was now off slightly behind him and pouting, "I still wish I could have seen their faces"

At that, she waved goodbye and quietly told Izuku to take a break soon. He knew she was trying to get him to sit with the hero family, but he couldn't just crash it. Sure, it was fine with just Hitoshi or Aizawa, but they were here as a family. A family Izuku wasn't apart of.

He attempted to turn around and get back to work, but, surprisingly, Yamada was the one to stop him. "So Little Listener, how do you know Hitoshi here? I can tell Sho is dying to know as well" He glanced towards his husband mischievously while Aizawa just glared back half-heartedly.