Chapter 21: Classes

Who knew High School could be fun? Ok, well most kids wouldn't think so, but this was UA and it was Izuku. The only reason he hated school was the bullying from peers and teachers alike, besides that, he loved learning. In fact, he could bet that's something a lot of people relate to, school would be great with less people and stress, but that's not the point.

The point right now for him was that no one cared that he was quirkless, at least so far.

~ ~ ~

(flashback)

It was the second day of school and since his class didn't do introductions the first day, they were doing it now. And Izuku was nervous. It had become a habit to think about how much he would rather fight villains than talk with people his age. At least he had Mei.

"Hi! I'm Hatsume Mei, future CEO of Hatsume Industries! My quirk is 'Zoom', my eyes can zoom into things! I can't wait to see all the babies we will all make."

Well at least his introduction was overshadowed by his eccentric friend's. The other students looked either confused, flustered, or just shocked at Mei's introduction. And now it was his turn. 'Let's get this over with.'

Izuku stood up while Mei sat down at the table next to him. "Hi, my name's Megumi Izuku, I like to make items that support heroes' with less flashy quirks, and I am quirkless."

There was a moment of tense silence while he sat down before the next person stood and introduced themselves. Honestly, he was surprised by how almost no one was looking at him, they were all just focusing on the next few people's introductions.

Power Loader cleared his throat as the last person sat down, "Now that you all know each other, we will begin out first lesson on reviewing the basics in math and physical sciences. Most should be things you know, but it never hurts to go over the material."

While the boring lesson began, Izuku and Mei were off in their own world.

~ ~ ~

Yeah, it had been actually pretty great when a few other students went up to him at the end of class and introduced themselves. They had also been glancing at Mei, but she was a bit much for most people to handle, so Izuku supposed he was the most approachable of the two. Maybe it was also because he had a cat with him. Sushi even basked in the attention they gave her. She knows she is cute. 

A few of the students even asked about his work. After explaining the voice modifier that he made for Hitoshi, they were looking at him like he was a genius. He supposed he could be counted as one if you just looked at his age, but he worked hard to get to this point.

Now it was the third day and Izuku had been secretly watching Hitoshi face off against his ex-bully Bakugo. It took all his willpower not to laugh out loud at his friend's snarky remarks or break something when All Might thought that he couldn't go alone even though he was one of the few people in the class who were actually trained.

Izuku and Mei met up with Hitoshi outside of the cafeteria and they all shared a determined nod. "Let's go."

The three of them rushed forward into the deafening room while holding hands in a chain as they managed their way to the line. Lunch Rush had prepared an assortment of meals as always. Izuku and Hitoshi grabbed some Katsudon while Mei grabbed a plate of Mapo Tofu.

Once more pushing through the crowds of students, they made their way outside before going up to a large tree.

"We made it out of that hell hole."

Izuku and Mei chuckled at Hitoshi's statement as they sat down, backs against the hard wood. "I mean, how do people eat in there? Even Pa isn't that loud when he gets excited."