Chapter 13: School Talk

A month later, everything was going great. Hitoshi and Aizawa continued to visit the café, Aizawa came in the mornings and Hitoshi would sometimes come with his two dads if not alone on weekends.

Izuku was happy that his first and dear friend was looking a lot better. Sure, he still had eye bags and barely got sleep, insomniac and all, but he definitely is getting more restful sleep at least as well as being able to eat healthier than before.

It was an average Saturday, nothing of note happening until Hitoshi and his two pro hero dads walked in. Izuku was happy when all three of them came together even if his chest tightened ever so slightly at the sight of the happy family.

He pushed away the feeling as he always did and convinced himself it was just nerves from having two pro heroes in the same room alongside the one person who knew Izuku's secret. It was definitely not his stupid emotions.

They ordered their usuals and sat at their table, talking about something Izuku was strongly avoiding due to that dear friend of his.

The UA Entrance Exam.

Unfortunately for him, he had a job to do, his only hope was that they let him get back to work without dragging him into their conversation.

"I was just saying, it wouldn't have hurt to let him try the recommendation exam."

"Zashi, he doesn't need the recommendation exams, and didn't he tell you he didn't want special treatment." Aizawa rolled his eyes fondly.

Hitoshi chuckled gently, "Pa, seriously, its fine. I didn't want people to think I got in just cause my dads are teachers."

Izuku smiled, surprisingly genuine, as he walked up to the family and began handing out their mugs and plates. They each gave him a soft thanks (expect Yamada, he was the louder of the three). Just as he was placing down the last dish, a tired voice made him freeze.

"So problem child, you applying to UA?"

Izuku was cursed he decided. He had been praying for Hitoshi not to rope him into this conversation, but evidently, he should have prayed for all three of them to leave him alone.

Instead of sighing like he really wanted to, Izuku gave his usual smile, "I wasn't planning to. Besides, I can't pass the exam."

The hero narrowed his eyes, hopefully not in suspicion, "I haven't seen much of your skills, but from what I've head-" Izuku mentally cursed Hitoshi, knowing this was all a part of his plan. "You're skilled and could make a great hero."

"Yeah little listener! Sho here wouldn't ask for more students unless he really thought you have potential." Yamada added. "Why do you say you wouldn't pass?"

Shit. Izuku had managed to keep his quirkless status a secret from Aizawa and clearly, Hitoshi hadn't (and wouldn't) share the fact either. It was a touchy subject. While he knew these two heroes weren't like others, not many people were accepting of his lack of a quirk. Even a certain number one rejected him for it.

Izuku shook himself and steeled his nerves. "Well... I'm quirkless."

Every atom in his body was buzzing, Hitoshi didn't hate him, and the heroes didn't seem like the type, but then again neither had the golden idiot.

"Izuku" Hearing his name, he snapped back into reality. Slowly, he studied the three people in front of him.

Hitoshi had called his name and was looking at him with worry. Despite how much his friend wanted to get him into UA, he still understood that this was difficult for Izuku.