Prolouge:

(Time/ages will be changed in this story)

Daemon had been sent back to Runestone by his brother, Viserys, after his "inexcusable" acts with the princess Rhaenyra.

He rode his dragon Caraxes all the way there to see his bronze bitch. He loathed his wife. Her name was Lady Rhea Royce and she was the heir to Runestone.

He never wanted to marry her but it was arranged by his brother so he could not refuse the king. It had been nearly eleven years since he had seen her. He had only consummated the marriage once and to him it was pure torture.

He walked through the grassy lands of Runestone on the way to his wife's home. But he did not have to make the journey there. For he heard the noise of horses hooves clicking against the floor.

Lady Rhea Royce rode towards him and stopped once she had realised who it was. "Husband" she said as Daemon walked slowly towards her. The dark hood hanging over his head made him look even eerier than usual.

Daemon did not speak a word as he made his way towards his wife and her fearful horse. "What brings you to the Vale?" she asked. He did not answer.

"Or have you at last heard the news" she said with a small smirk. He still did not speak. "If you're here for a desperate fuck, i'm afraid you've come to the wrong place. The Vale sheep might be willing, even if i'm not. Our sheep are prettier, after all" she said quoting the man.

Silence.

"Or perhaps your brother has at last had his fill of your company... Casted you aside in favour of a little girl" she said cockily.

Daemon began to raise his hand to Rheas horse as the horse shook him off and backed up. "What will you do now? Will you strike the child down?" she questioned with laughter.

"Or..."

Lady Rhea felt her heart drop as she finally realised why he was here. He was not here for a pity fuck. He was not here for the news she tried to share with him. And he was not going to kill the princess.

He was here to kill her.

She let out a slight gasp of air as she slowly went to grab her bow. Daemon noticed this but let it happen. The sound of her grabbing her bow made the horse jump up and fall to the ground on top of her.

The woman groaned as she felt paralysed from her legs to her neck. The horse rose quickly and sped off. She looked to her emotionless husband as she laid there helplessly.

Daemon stood over her and pushed his foot down on her arm. She felt no pain. She couldn't feel anything. She tried desperately to move but it was of no use.

She tried to not show fear but was desperately failing. Daemon turned around and began walking off. Years of fury and anger had been trapped inside of her for years.

Her husband had left her alone for eleven years... Alone with that... She couldn't even think of her. The more she thought of her, the more angry she got.

Daemon had ruined her life and was now leaving her to die. She would not let him win in her final moments. She couldn't. She would never.

"I knew you couldn't finish. Craven!" she shouted.

Daemon stopped in his tracks and slowly turned back to her. He knelt down and found a large rock which he picked up as he made his way back over to her.

Lady Rhea spat at him as he stood over her. She laughed to herself as Daemon gave her a confused look. "You'll regret this when you find out. When you find out what you left when you fled Runestone" she spat.