Chpt 30: Contentness

"Spool of green, spool of black, weaving dragons of flesh, weaving dragons of thread."

"What are you saying, sweet boy?" i asked, stroking my pregnant belly. He often spoke in riddles which i presumed is from all the books he read. Ned usually stayed by my side. Cregan says "he's tethered to my hip". But i had no problem with that. I have been at Runestone for the passed few days, so he wished to see me right away.

He stayed quiet as he rubbed his hound. If he wasn't seen with me, he was most definitely seen with his dog, Ben. "Where is Lyarra?" he asked. I paused. "Actually... I don't know" i said. "Let us go find her."

I picked the small boy up as we walked through the Winterfell halls. I made my way to Cregans mothers chambers and saw her with Serena doing needle work. Cregan and i both agreed it would not be best if we had a Septa after everything that happened. So Gilliane took the job. I smiled at Serena but she did not even give me a second look.

"Do i not get a hello" i said. "I'm afraid your daughter is in a foul mood" Gilliane said. "And why that?" i questioned. "Tell Lyarra to keep her things out of my room!" she exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at her, trying not to laugh. "Have you seen your sister?" i asked.

"Why would i know where she is" she answered. "Do you know where she is, Gilliane?" i asked. "I haven't seen her, Aly. Perhaps she's with Myke" she said. I sighed, hoping she wasn't where i thought she was.

Ned and i continued searching as we made our way out to the training yard. I saw Myke and Rickon training with two wooden swords. It was obvious Myke was letting Rickon win, but Rickon believed he was bettering him. "Ha! I win! You fall!" Rickon exclaimed.

Myke faked being stabbed as he dramatically fell to the floor. I laughed at the sight as i crept up behind them. "Mercy! Mercy!" Myke shouted. "Please don't kill him. I don't have time to clean up blood from the yard."

"Mother!" Rickon exclaimed hugging my leg tightly. "Have you seen Lyarra?" i questioned. "Last time i saw her was at breakfast" he said. "So, she hasn't been training with you?" i asked getting more nervous.

"No, lady. You haven't seen her?" Myke asked. I shook my head. "You don't think she's... Done it again?" he questioned almost afraid to speak the words. "I swear to the gods, i'll have to put that girl on a leash."

I stormed off trying to find Cregan. If Lyarra was where i thought she was, i knew i would have to go and find her myself. I found Cregan in the council room, taking complaints from the other Northerners.

"And then my brother broke the roof with his sword! Completely destroyed it! Now at night, my wife feels as if she in sleeping in the street. And gods be good, if it rains, i might aswell be sleeping under a waterfall!" one of the Northerners said.

Cregan sighed in annoyance. "Let me get this right, your brother got drunk, broke your roof... And you expect me to fix it?" he said. "Well... I need men to fix it, my lord" he said. "If you want your roof fixed i will give you two men. No more. Your brother can do the rest."

I held in my laughter at his annoyed tone. "Thank you, lord" the Northern man said as he walked off. Cregans eyes drifted to me as his face lit up. "That's all for today" he said rushing out of the room.

He rushed straight towards us as he tickled Ned to make him laugh. "I thought you had finally grew tired of us and decided to live in Runestone permanently" Cregan joked. "The thought did cross my mind" i joked back.

He laid a kiss on my head as he stroked my bloated stomach. "What do you think? Boy or girl?" he asked. "A boy. I'm almost certain" i said. "It's a girl" Ned mumbled. "And how are you so certain?" Cregan questioned. Ned shrugged as he dug his head into the crook of my neck.