Chpt 34: The Raven

Nine Years Later:

"Your pacing again" Cregan mumbled.

I chewed on my nails nervously but stopped once he spoke. "Are you having those dreams again?" he asked. "No" i said. I was lying. These dreams always came when i was carrying a babe. Dreams of dragons at war, towns burning... And i did not like it one bit.

But when all said and done, Winterfell has been peaceful these past few years. There's been less and less complaints from the Northerner's and less Wildlings.

The children have grown faster than both Cregan and i would have liked. But they have grown to be strong and loving so i can not complain. They have also grown close with Rhaenyras children and my sisters which i am thankful for.

We try and visit Dragonstone as often as they can whilst they visit the North often. During the past few years we've had three more children.

Shortly after the Driftmark incident, i gave birth to our youngest daughter, Eddwyn. Fortunately for me she was our only child who was not born a twin... And then two years ago we had two more boys, Bennard and Brandon. And i swore i would not have anymore children...

But unfortunately, i did not keep that oath. Cregan made his way over to and knelt down to my stomach. I saw the concerning look in his eyes as he flexed his hand. I knew something was troubling him.

"I'm not the only one who's troubled today... Am i?" i questioned. Cregan sighed before kissing my stomach gently. "I am fine" he said. "You've been quiet since last night... What is wrong?"

"I'm taking the boys today" he said. My smile faded. "You know Ned does not like to go to the beheadings" i said. "I know... But one day it will be his job. He needs to get used to it" he said. "It does not need to be his job."

"You must stop treating him like this" he said. "Treating him like what?" i questioned. "Like... Like he's different to the other boys" he mumbled. "He is different to the other boys and you know it" i said in frustration. "He must come today, Alysanne!" Cregan exclaimed.

I hated that he used my full name... He never used my full name. I scoffed as he rose his voice. "Alright" i mumbled turning my back to him. I heard Cregan sigh loudly as he crept up behind me.

He kissed my neck gently as he laid his head on shoulder. "I am sorry... I... I just need them to come with me today. I don't like these beheadings either you know." "Is that all that is wrong? You seem more tense than usual" i said. Cregan forced a smile on his face.

"Nothing is wrong."

I knew this was not true, but i would find out why he was not telling me the truth. "Fine" i mumbled. "What are you doing today?" he asked. "I will probably go see Lillie. Her son is thinking of joining the Nights Watch. She's furious with him" i said. "Joining the Nights Watch is an honourable thing. Probably the most honourable thing a man can do."

"I suppose... But if one of our sons tried to join the Nights Watch i'd have them imprisoned" i said. He laughed softly. "I wouldn't put it passed you. I'll come find you when we return" he said. I kissed his lips gently. "You better."

"I can't cross stitch! I've told you many times!" Lyarra exclaimed. "But it's easy. Just let me teach you!" Serena exclaimed back. "Bite me, Serena" Lyarra snapped as Serena rolled her eyes. Eddwyn was sat in the corner of the room with her brothers as she laughed at them both.

"You did not come riding with me this morning" Rickon said trying to start a conversation with his idle brother. "I did not" Ned said. "But you love riding... Naga seems bored in the dragon pit" he said. "I just don't feel like it" Ned said.