Chpt 37: The Calm Before The Storm

"And then the man fell from his horse and ran!" Rhaenyra exclaimed as i laughed. I tried to catch my breath from my laughter as she smiled. "So, when will you be coming to the castle?" i asked.

"In a week or so. Will you be here?" she asked. "If i survive until then" i joked. She took my hand in hers. "I believe things are finally getting better. Truly. The Alicent i saw tonight was the Alicent i had known many years ago. We finally have a chance to make everything right."

I nodded as she spoke. "Then i will do my part, your grace. I'll make amends" i said as the woman pulled me into a tight embrace. "I know you will" she said. "Do we have too?" i heard Luke mumble under his breath.

I grabbed the boy and nudged my fist against his head. "You will do as the future queen commands" i teased as he chuckled. "And if you don't, i will tell her what you and your brother did during your last trip to Winterfell" i whispered to him as his face dropped.

"What was that?" Rhaenyra questioned. "Nothing" we both said simultaneously. I pushed the boy away jokingly as i spotted Cregan. He was flexing his hand as i noticed a bruise across his knuckles. "Gods. What happened?" i asked.

"Nothing... Nothing... I just had a small 'conversation' with the prince Aegon. I believe he will be staying away from his wife for now on" he said with a smirk. I scrunched my nose as i kissed him softly. "We'll done" i whispered.

Cregan kissed me many more times before finding his way to the carriage. I then saw my father make his way over to me. "Father" i greeted him with a smile from ear to ear. "Alysanne" he said with a weak smile.

"What's wrong?" i asked. He looked around to make sure no one was close enough to listen as he pulled me aside. "Nyke vantas raqagon gepot ao kesīr rūsīr se vulturës" he whispered. "I don't like leaving you here with these vultures."

I rolled my eyes at him. "What?" i questioned. "Nyke vantas pāsagon se vala. Aōha valzȳrys iksos doru-borto syt ao ondoso aōla" he said plainly. "I do not trust them. Your husband is stupid for leaving you here by yourself."

I gave him a small smile at his concern. "Nyke kostagon mīsagon nykēla, kepa. Nyke gaomagon daor jorrāelagon issa valzȳrys naejot mīsagon issa. Nyke kivio nyke jāhor sagon ȳgha" i said. "I can protect myself, father. I do not need my husband to protect me. I promise you i will be safe."

He sighed trying to let his fears go. "Alright... I believe you. But write to me" he said. I took his hand as i nodded. "I will. Everyday" i said. "Maybe not everyday... I have things to do, you know" he teased. I laughed as he smiled softly. "Avy jorrāelan, kepa" i said. "I love you, father."

My father was not the affectionate type... But he had his moments. "Avy jorrāelan daor" he mumbled. "I love you too."

I finally let go of his hand as the rest of my family left in their carriage. Once they are out of sight, i made my way over to the carriage with the Stark sigil. I chuckled to myself as i saw Edwynn asleep against Cregan, who was also asleep. "I will see you all soon. Take care of Brandon and Bennard for me in my absence" i said kissing Lyarras head.

"Of course, mother" Rickon said as i embraced him tightly. I knelt down to Neds hound as i rubbed behind his ear. "And feed the horses and the dragons. You know how Saphira and Freya get when their lonely" i said. "Mother, everything will be fine. You must stop worrying" Lyarra said.

I took a deep breath and nodded. "I know, i know... I will miss you all" i said. "We will see you in a week or so" Ned said. I cupped his face in my hand knowing i was being dramatic. But i had never been apart from my children for this long.

"Alright... I'll let you leave. But good! And don't miss me too much" i said as i closed the carriage door. I watched them ride off as i put a hand to my stomach. "I guess it's just us now" i said. "And me" i heard a voice say. I turned to see Alicent Hightower. "Your grace" i said.