Chpt 6: Nicknames And Home

It was now after dark and the whole the castle was quiet. The only sound i heard was the wind. After my small outburst, my father and i decided it would be best for us to leave and go back to Pentos with Laena and my sisters.

Though my father told me to try and find rest, i couldn't. I tossed and turned all night as my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest. I could not tell you why Cregans words got to me, but they did.

Every time i thought about what he said, my blood boiled more and more. Another thing i got from my mother. Once something is said, i never forget... And i never let it go.

I sat up in my bed and grabbed another fur for my bed because of the cold. As i did, i heard my chamber door open. I jumped slightly and gasped until i saw who it was.

"I thought i told you to say away."

"Come with me. I have something to show you" he whispered. "What?" i questioned in confusion and frustration. "Just come with me and you'll see. And keep your voice down. Your fathers asleep next door" he whispered again.

"If you ask me to come with you again, then i'll scream. You can talk to him instead" i mumbled. "Look, just come with me and see if it's worth. If not, go run to daddy and i'm sure his dragon will turn me to ash or something... Either way, you win. So, are you coming?"

I paused and thought about it for a second. "Fine" i mumbled. "Here" he said handing me a fur for the cold. I looked him and down before taking it. "What? Your nightdress is practically see through, trust me, where we're going you'll be cold" he said.

I covered up awkwardly and quickly. I followed Cregan outside the castle, weary of where he was taking me. He stopped at the wall surrounding the castle and put out his hand. "Come on" he whispered.

"Are you crazy?!" i whispered through gritted teeth. "I've done this a million times. I'm a great climber" he said. "Yeah well, i'm not!"

Cregan rolled his eyes once again. "Trust me. You'll be fine" he said. I paused for a moment before taking his hand. I didn't trust him. But i knew that he knew my father would kill him if anything was to happen to me.

There was small stepping stones sticking out of the wall leading up to the top. Cregan showed me each step to take as we climbed up. With each step i took, i was convinced i was going to fall. "I can't do this" i said refusing to look down.

"You can. Just follow me" he said. I took a deep breath and continued up. Just as we were about to get to the top of the wall, i felt my foot slip off the small stone as i let out a shriek. Cregan quickly grabbed both of my hands and held on tightly.

"Your okay. Your okay" Cregan repeated with a twinge of uncertainty. I closed my eyes tightly, trying my best not to look down. "I've got you" he said. With one pull up, he dragged me to the top of the wall as i held onto him tightly.

I refused to let go of him as i still had my eyes closed. "Hey, your fine. Open your eyes" he said with small laughter. After a few seconds, i slowly opened my eyes. My mouth fell open slightly at the sight.

I could see green woods, snow that covered everything for miles and small animals running around. There were rabbits, deers and i could have sworn i saw a direwolf or two. "Wow" is all i could get out.

"I know... It's quite something when you see it for the first time" he said. I felt a wave of uncomfortableness wash over me as i realised i was still gripping onto Cregan. But i didn't move... Because i would fall... Obviously.

"Do you bring a lot of girls up here?" i asked. Cregan laughed. "Actually no... Just one" he said looking at me. "I find that very hard to believe" i said with a scoff.