Chpt 22: Awkward Encounters

I did eventually release Harwin from my grasp... Eventually. Rhaenyra knocked on my door a couple of hours later but i pretend to sleep. But i did not sleep in truth. Not even a wink.

I found myself praying to the gods that Cregan would leave by the time i left my chambers... But i also found myself yearning for him to stay. I was confused. I knew it would be wrong if he stayed, but i couldn't help but miss him too.

And not even in a sinful way. I missed his presence, his laughter, his everything. Some handmaidens made their way into my chambers a few hours after dawn. I pretended to wake up even though i had been awake all night.

"The king has requested your presence for breakfast, princess" she said helping me into my gown. I paused. "Do you know who is present at breakfast, lady?" i asked.

"I believe your family and lord Lannister" she said. I let out a small sigh of relief. "Oh! And the Stark family. The young wolf is quite handsome, is he not?" she said with a giggle. I then sighed in annoyance. "Bastard said he'd be gone by morning" i mumbled under my breath.

"What, princess?" she asked. "Oh... Nothing" i said putting on a fake smile. I hesitantly made my way to feasting room for breakfast as i saw many familiar faces. I watched as everyone turned their heads as the doors opened.

"Aly!" Helaena exclaimed running towards me. I bent down to her size embracing her tightly. "Skorkydoso glaesā, byka grēges" i said.

"How are you, little bug?"

She laughed at my words. "I am well" she said. "Is this a pigs ass that i'm eating?" i heard Cregan ask inspecting his food. Sarah nudged him slightly as he finally turned and looked my way. Once he saw me, he rose to his feet, all the colour seeming to drain from his face.

Everyone at the table gave him an infuriated look. "Princess" he mumbled sitting back down. I stayed quiet making my way towards the table. I was about to sit beside Rhaenyra until Helaena, oblivious to the tension in the room, grabbed my hand. "Sit next to me" she said pulling me to an empty seat next to Cregan.

I gulped as i sat in between Helaena and Cregan. My eyes stayed put on the table, fearing to look at anyone. I slightly looked beside me to see Cregan staring me down. I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat.

I then looked ahead of me to see Jason Lannister, trying to "seductively" eat his food. I rolled my eyes not knowing what to do. I felt trapped. "Princess" lord Stark exclaimed trying to break the tension. "How have you been?"

"I have been well, lord. How are you?" i asked. "Oh you know. Same old, same old" he said with a weak smile. I always liked the man. He was very kind, even if he didn't show it all the time.

Once again, we all sat in silence. "Princess. You are quite the dancer, do you know that?" lord Lannister said. I noticed Cregan freeze at the man's words. An angry looking washing over his face. I flashed him a fake smile. "Thank you, lord... As are you" i said.

"You look quite magnificent this morning. Green looks good on you" he said. Rhaenyra gave her father a confused look to why lord Jason was even here let alone speaking to me. I tried to ignore the man's comments as i heard Helaena mumbling to herself.

"The wolves will kill the lions. The dragons will burn the gods."

I gave her a confused look. "Are you quite alright, cousin?" i whispered. She snapped out of her daze. "I'm fine" she said with a small smile. I put on a fake smile, nodding my head. The rest of the breakfast was silent for the most part.

I caught Cregans eye more than once even though i pretended like i didn't. I picked at my food before finally giving up. "How about we go for a walk in the gardens?" i asked Helaena. She nodded excitedly.