Chpt 23: Name Day

Tw// Mentions of attempted sexual assault:

"Why in the Seven Hells are you still asleep? It's your name day?!" a voice exclaimed bursting through the door.

I wrapped a pillow over my head begging for more sleep. "Wake up!" a squeaky voice shouted. I reluctantly sat up in bed to see Rhaenyra and her son newborn son Lucerys. "Happy name day" Rhaenyra said sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Please don't remind me" i said. "Shouldn't you be happy? Today is about you" she said. The truth was, i was not happy. I never was on my name day. On this day, nineteen years ago, i cursed my mother and sent her to her death.

Why should i be happy about that? I gave her a weak smile. "Yes... I know" i said. "Luke may have a present for you, don't you sweet boy?" she said bouncing Luke on her lap. The small boy handed me a wrapped gift.

I ripped it open as my mouth fell open. Once i got passed the paper, it revealed a gold dress with small red flowers stitched into it. "Thank you, Nyra" i said embracing her tightly.

To be honest, i was just happy i didn't have to wear another green dress. "Aly_sa_nne" Luke mumbled. I smiled brightly at the boy finally putting my name together. "Look at you, smart boy!" i exclaimed taking him from Rhaenyra and holding him in my arms. "So... What are the 'big plans' for today?" i asked. "Your grandsire has planned a jousting tournament" Nyra said. I rolled my eyes.

"Of course. Yay... Fun" i mumbled. Nyra laughed. "Don't be cruel. He's trying to make it memorable" she said. I began biting my nails, wondering how to approach the idea of this topic. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Do... Do you know if the Starks have left?" i mumbled. She gave me a teasing look. "I believe they are leaving. I saw lady Sarah and her father packing up a carriage" she said. I nodded slowly. "Actually... They looked quite anxious to get home."

"Really? Is everything alright?" i asked. "I'm not sure" she said. I got up out of bed and threw on my robes. "Aly... Where are you going?" she asked. "I have to see if they are okay" i said rushing out the door. "Aly! Your not even dressed!" Nyra called out but she was much too late.

I rushed through the halls, desperately trying to make my way to the carriage before they left. I huffed and puffed under my breath as i passed Jason Lannister. "May i be one of the first to say happy name day, princess. I-"

He cut himself off seeing that i was barley dressed. But that was the last thing on my mind. I ran through the castle doors, seeing Sarah and lord Stark packing up the carriage.

"Lord! Is everything alright?" i questioned rushing over to them. "Princess. What are you doing?" lord Stark asked looking me up and down. "I heard that you were distressed this morning" i said. He laughed grabbing my hands to calm me down.

"We are fine, princess. My wife has just sent word that there are some wildlings trying to get inside the walls of Winterfell. This is not rare, trust me. It's just a minor concern so i must return" he said. I let out a sigh of relief. "Good... Good" i said.

It was only then i was aware of how much i was wearing as i covered myself up with my robes. "You always did know how to make a scene" Sarah said with laughter. I embraced her tightly. "It's been too long" she mumbled into my shoulder.

"Much too long" i said. "I'm sorry i haven't been able to speak with you during my stay. Please do send letters now that you are home" she said. "I will. Truly... Though, i don't believe i am home" i mumbled under my breath.

She gave me a weak yet sad smile. "I know" she said. "We better get going, lord" one of the men called out. Sarah squeezed my hand tightly before hopping inside the carriage.