Chpt 14: The Castle And Decisions

We all began our journey to Kingslanding. The Stark family rode in a carriage whilst my father and i journeyed on dragon back. We rode slow so we would not be ahead of the Starks. I was enjoying the cold air flying through my hair until i heard Caraxes playful squeal.

My father lifted both his arms out cockily to show he rode his dragon with ease. He had been riding Caraxes for decades so he was much more advanced in riding. But that did not mean i was not just as good.

"Adere" i said to Saphira which means to speed up. She let out an excited roar as she flew higher up into the clouds. Caraxes followed close behind but still unable to catch up. I laughed as Saphira blew a cloud of blue flames into the air.

Caraxes ducked quickly as i smirked at my father. His cocky look was now faded into a look full of pride. A few hours later, the smell of shit and piss informed me that we were getting closer to Kingslanding.

My bad mood quickly changed once i saw the large and mighty Vhagar sitting upon the dragon pit. The beast was so large he could not even fit inside.

If Vhagar was there, that means Laena and my sisters would be there too. Saphira sped up at my excitement. I landed outside the dragon pit, dismounting Saphira quickly. I ran to the courtyard of the castle, seeing my family standing at the gates.

I ran towards them, my father strutting behind me. I ran straight over to Laena and my sisters, Baela and Rhaena. "Oh, my own heart" Laena mumbled into my shoulder as she embraced me so tightly, i felt my ribs may be crushed.

"I've missed you" i said holding back tears. I was surprised at my reaction. I didn't realise how much i have missed them all. "Look at you both! Gods, look how you've grown these past years!" i exclaimed as i picked up Rhaena into my arms whilst rubbing Baelas head.

"They've missed you too. They have just learned to talk and all they speak about is you" Laena said. "My dear wife. Have you missed me?" Daemon questioned with a smirk. "Not much. There's been a rare sense of peacefulness in your absence" Laena said sarcastically.

Daemon kissed the woman's head as Baela gripped onto his leg. I felt Rhaena tap my shoulder. "Is it true you claimed an ice dragon?" she whispered in my ear. "It is. You shall meet her soon. Maybe even ride her if you promise not to tell your mother" i whispered back.

She giggled with excitement as i scrunched my nose up at her. Suddenly, i heard the castle gates open as the Stark carriages made there way inside.

I smiled brightly as Cregan stepped out. "Smells like shit" he exclaimed. "Some things never change. You get used to it" i said making my way over to him. Rhaena burrowed her head in my shoulder as Cregan noticed her nerves.

"And who may this be?" he asked bending down to my shoulder. "This is my sister, Rhaena. Rhaena, this is Cregan Stark" i said. She slowly lifted her head as Cregan gave her a reassuring smile.

"It's nice to meet you, Rhaena" he said softly. She did not speak but gave him a small smile. "He looks scary" she whispered in my ear. "I'm sure you could take him in a fight" i said as she giggled once more.

The castle doors opened as the rest of my family made there way outside to greet the Starks. I saw the king Viserys, queen Alicent and their children followed by Rhaenyra and her son.

"We shall take our leave. We will see you after" Daemon said taking Rhaena from my arms. I sighed as i watched my family walk off. My father still seemed angry with his brother. And the tension could be felt throughout all the lands.

"Ah! Lord Stark, lady Stark! It's nice to finally make your acquaintance" Viserys called out as lord Stark shook his hand. "I do hope my niece has not caused much trouble."