Chpt 24: Stars Around My Scars

"Cregan. Stop. Please just... Turn around and let the king deal with this" i said scurrying after him. He was storming through the halls, sword in hand searching for the Lannister man.

"Cregan please! Just calm down and nobody will loose face!" i exclaimed. "I'll take his fucking face, how about that" he shouted.

"Hey!" i shouted standing in from of him. He slightly drew back his sword once he saw me. "I dealt with it. Now, i need you to turn around" i said. He shook his head, bending down to my size.

"Did he touch you?" he asked. "No... Of course not" i said. "But he tried?" he questioned. I stayed quiet. "That's all i need to know" he said pushing passed me. I tutted continuing to follow him. Suddenly, i saw ser Criston and Alicent speaking in the hall. I pushed Cregan into the closest empty room before they saw us. "What are you-"

I shoved my hand over his mouth as i shushed him. "Be quiet!" i whispered through gritted teeth. I heard footsteps near the door as we both listened closely.

"I don't understand... Why would Jason Lannister send someone to do that?" Alicent questioned. "I can't be sure, your grace. But he did. He admitted it to me himself" Cole said.

I heard her sigh angrily. "I must tell the king to refuse his proposal" she said. "Your grace... Lord Lannister would be a fierce ally to us and... The things we have planned. If you secured a marriage between house Lannister and house Targaryen, they'd be loyal to us."

I flinched at the man's words. "Son of a bitch" Cregan whispered as he tried to push passed me. I shoved him back against the wall, wanting to hear more. "Hold your tongue, ser Criston. You can't actually believe that this is a suitable arrangement!" Alicent said growing more confused and frustrated.

"The Lannisters have money. They have men" he said. "She is the blood of the king. She can't simply be treated like a whore" she whispered. Criston paused. "But your grace... With all due respect, from the incident that happened with the Starks i'd say that she is already a-"

"Don't" Alicent interrupted. "She is the daughter of Daemon? You hate that man. Why would you protect his blood?" he questioned. "She has just become a woman. She was a child not even yesterday" she said.

"You were a child when you wed the king" he said. "That was different. He never... He never sent men to hump me in my chambers" she whispered. "All i'm saying is that this is an opportunity, Alicent. And when they wed i am almost sure he'd never do anything like this again" he said.

"Where is the Lannister man? The one who... Well, you know" she mumbled. "I sent him back to his lord" Criston mumbled back. Alicent cursed under her breath.

Silence washed over both of them as i gave Cregan a worried look. "Your dismissed, ser Criston. I believe i am in need of sleep" she said. "Alright, your grace. Goodnight" he said. I heard their footsteps disperse as i let out a held in breath.

I put my head in my hands as my chest grew heavy. "Where are the Lannisters staying?" Cregan asked. I knew by the tone of his voice what he was thinking of doing. "Don't you even think about it" i spat. He rolled his eyes. "I'm going to-"

"You are going to do nothing!" i exclaimed. "You are going to escort me back to my chambers and stay with me until i allow you to leave. Because if you don't then i can't rest knowing that man is free in the castle. I don't care that ser Harwin is guarding my door because i don't trust anyone here like i trust you!"

Cregan stayed quiet. "Fine.. Of course" he said. "Thank you!" i shouted. We both went quiet, none of us knowing what to do. "Come on, princess" he said guiding me out of the room.

We walked to my chambers in silence. "Princess. Stark" Harwin said with a nod to greet us. "Ser Harwin... Cregan will be staying with me for a bit. I would like you to continue guarding my door if that is alright with you" i said.