Chpt 9: Tension

One week later:

I had moved into another room in the Winterfell castle since lord Blackwood took mine. Maybe i was being dramatic, but i have had the same room since i got here. It's been my room for months. And this Lord walks in and just takes it?... No questions asked?

My last room had a view of the woods and sunlight shone through every morning to wake me.

This room was dull. The view was of the Winterfell walls that surrounded the castle. Barley any light could squeeze through. I laid in my bed for most of the day. Lady Stark was far to busy for any lessons since the Blackwoods arrived. And Cregan and i haven't spoken since that day.

It's like i don't even exist to him anymore. I have tried to speak with him, but lord Blackwood was always lurking to disrupt that. But today was different. I knew lord Blackwood was out hunting with lord Starks so he was not here. So i decided to go find Cregan. I needed to speak with him.

I said hi to the maids as i passed them in the halls and made my way out to the courtyard. I looked around until i spotted Cregan arm in arm with the Alysanne Blackwood girl.

They were laughing loudly as i scowled at them both. I saw Cregans face drop as he saw me. "Lady Alysanne... Em... Let me formally introduce you to Aly... Aly Blackwood" he said. I raised my eyebrows at him with anger.

"It's... Pleasant to make your official acquaintance, Lady Blackwood" i said through gritted teeth. "Oh Aly is fine" the girl said with a soft smile. "Lady Blackwood... May i steal Cregan from you for a moment?" i asked. "Oh... Of course" she said as her smile faltered, feeling the tension.

The woman walked off as i pulled Cregan behind the stables for privacy. I stared him down as my blood boiled. "So i am lady Alysanne now... And this stranger is Aly? When have you ever called me that?" i questioned angrily. "What are you talking about?" he questioned back.

"You are to marry her? You kiss me and try to do more may i add, then i am informed you are to marry?" i said through gritted teeth. "You think i knew about this arrangement?" he spat. "Well, it is you who is supposed to marry so... Yeah! I do think that!" i exclaimed taking a step towards him.

"Would you keep your voice down!" he whispered shushing me. "No! I won't! I told you i was not just some common whore you can fool around with and then throw away" i said. "I'm not treating you like a common whore" he said with a hint of annoyance taking a step towards me. "Are you sure?! Because i-"

"Alyssane! Cregan!" Lord Stark said standing behind us. I don't know how long he was there for... But i'm sure he heard more than enough. We all stood there in silence. "There is a dinner for us all.... We brought back a stag from the hunt. Are you both civil enough to sit at the dinner table?" he asked.

We both stayed quiet as i took a step away from him. In our anger, i didn't realise how close we had gotten. "Yes, of course" i mumbled under my breath. "Good... Now come" he said staring us both down.

I gave Cregan one last glare before storming off. Cregan was about to follow until his father grabbed him by the arm. "I've given you much freedom these past few years, haven't i?" lord Stark questioned. "You have" Cregan mumbled.

"Good. But now i am telling you, stay away from the Targaryen girl. She's a lovely girl, a kind girl... But she's not fit for you. Alright?"

Cregan glared at his father. "Nothings happening, father" Cregan said. Lord Stark sighed. "Don't play the fool with me, boy" he whispered. Cregan gulped as he shook off his fathers grip. "I'll see you at dinner" he said walking off. Lord Stark sighed watching his son storm off. "Gods be good" he mumbled under his breath.