Chpt 36: The Last Feast

Everyone stood around the feasting room, keeping to their groups. No one truly wanted to be there, but the king ordered that his whole family was to have dinner together.

"Maybe you should have a drink. It wouldn't hurt" Lyarra said to her brother. "Do you recall the last time grandmother caught us drinking? We were made clean the stables for three weeks" Rickon said.

"Yes but look around! Grandmother is not here!" she exclaimed chugging the drink back. "But she will find out. You know she will" Rickon said. Lyarra ignored him sneaking another chalice of wine, chugging it under the table so her mother and father would not see.

"Is that wine or water? I presume it's wine" Jacaerys joked walking towards the Stark siblings. Lyarra choked on her wine once she heard Jaces voice. "Are you alright?" he asked. She continued coughing trying to catch her breath, giving him a nod.

Rickon snickered under his breath seeing his sister flustered. "Can you believe we are being forced to eat with this people? Let alone pretend to like them" Jace muttered under his breath.

"I'm just trying to make sure the tall one stays away from Ned" Rickon whispered back. "My mother says the girl is kind. I'm hoping she's right."

"When can we eat?" Edwynn said stomping her feet. "When the king arrives. It's the rules" Serena said. "But i'm hungry now" she said. "Then why don't you crawl over and sneak some food" Ned said trying to hide his smirk. Edwynns face lit up as she ran towards the table.

"Hey!" i called out taking the girl into my arms knowing what she was about to do. She groaned in annoyance. "My, my, look how you've grown" Rhaenyra said ruffling up Edwynns hair.

Edwynn gave the princess a weak smile as she shyly turned away. She was quite reserved around people she did not know well. "I'm glad you all came today. We didn't know if you would."

"Of course we came. Are you sure you are all alright after everything?" i asked. "We're doing a lot better after that man is... Well, you know" she said giving me a sweet smile as she put a hand to her bloated stomach.

"Gods!" i exclaimed as i put my hand to my own stomach. "Gods" my father said less enthusiastically once he saw. "They have been married for years, Daemon. Why are you always so shocked to see she has children?" Nyra whispered.

"Because that is the father" he mumbled as Cregan stood beside me. I took a step away from him as i rolled my eyes. Nyra and my father both felt the tension as my father smiled. "I'm suddenly feeling better" he teased.

"And i'm suddenly feeling ill. My prince, you've grown a lot more wrinkles since the last time i saw you!" Cregan said with a cocky smile. "I am going to go find my cousin" i said interrupting the two before it could escalate.

I scanned the room until i saw Helaena sitting by herself, playing with her bugs. I sat beside her giving her a small smile. "Hello" i said softly. She slowly looked over her shoulder, her anxious look fading once she saw me.

"Aly... I am glad you are back" she said taking her hand in mine. "As am i... Hela, i need to speak to you about something" i said. She turned her chair to me as she waited for me to speak. "That letter you sent me. I need to know if you are in trouble. Is it Aegon? Or someone else? Or-"

"What letter?" she questioned. My smile faded. "The letter you sent me?... With our code word" i said. She gave me a confused look. "I didn't send you any letter" she said. "But it's your handwriting... It's our word. And i-"

I was interrupted as Helaena bent down to Neds hound. "What a kind beast" she said as the hound licked her face. "His names Ben" Ned said. "I must admit, i prefer smaller creatures. But he is spectacular" she said.