Chpt 42: Tensions Are High

"You... You what?!" Luke questioned in disbelief. "What? Like it's hard to tame a dragon?" Lyarra said proudly with a grin. "She was almost his next meal" Jace muttered with a smirk.

"How big is he?" Luke asked. "He's big. I could smell the shit run down Otto Hightowers legs once he saw him" Rickon said as they all laughed. The children's laughter quietened down as they listened to the battle plans that were being made in the other room.

"Do you truly think there will be a war?" Luke asked anxiously. Serena put a hand on the boys shoulder giving him a weak smile. "If there is... You should return with us to Winterfell. Let the rest do the battles" she said.

"If there is a war to come, i want to fight for mother" Jace said. "As do i. The greens deserve to burn for what they did" Lyarra said. "Not all of them" Rickon muttered. Everyone gave him a judgmental glare as Serena shuffled uncomfortably. "The princess Helaena is innocent. I believe if she was given the chance, she would join us."

"Maybe" Ned mumbled. "I do not understand why we are not allowed in the other room. I have many plans for battle" Baela said slumping in her seat. "You heard what our sister said. She does not want us involved in this war" Rhaena said.

"What she wants is irrelevant. We will be involved and you all know it" Baela said. Luke grew more anxious the more everyone spoke. Serena gave Baela an annoyed look as she nodded to Luke. "But i mean... Only the ones who wish to join the war will" she mumbled.

"Look," Serena began. "Rhaenyra will win back her throne without bloodshed. I'm almost certain. She is the rightful heir and i'm sure the lords and ladies will realise this and she will sit the iron throne soon. Then everything will go back to as it was."

Everyone stayed quiet. "I pray to the gods you are right" Lyarra said. "Am i ever wrong?" she questioned. "Nearly always" Ned teased holding back his smile. Serena hit her brother at the back of his head as everyone laughed. "If Rhaenyra does win back the throne-"

"You mean when she does" Jace cut Lyarra off. "My apologies, your grace. When she wins back the throne," she said with a smirk. "I want to be the first one there to see her sit it. If she becomes queen, i can do anything i please."

"I don't know if that's how it works" Serena said. "It is how it works! If a woman can rule the Seven Kingdoms, then a woman can own land and no man can say anything about it... And if they do, then i'll just have to remind them who sits the throne. That's what my father told me" she said.

"I want to go West. Past where all the maps stop. I'm sure Moondancer would love to see what goes beyond it" Baela said. "I want to return to Kingslanding. I didn't truly get to see all of it whilst i was there" Serena said.

"It's not as good as it seems" Jace muttered. "Well, i'll tell you what i want to do" Rickon said. "I want to see all the greens lined up and bow to their new queen. Maybe some of them weren't given a choice to support Rhaenyra, but i'm sure once she sits the throne, everyone will show their true colours."

"What do you want to do, Ned?" Serena asked. Ned snapped out of his daze as he looked to everyone. "I just want to go home" he said with a weak smile. Everyone went quiet. "We'll be going home soon, brother. I know it" Lyarra said putting a hand on his shoulder.

Ned nodded, but he didn't believe it. He felt something deep down that something bad was about to happen. But he did not know what. He was frightened. He felt as if he would be torn apart from his home. From his family.

That feeling stayed within him for the past few days. And it would stay with him forever.

"What about you Rhaena?" Lyarra said to change the subject. "Well, if everything goes to plan. I'll be living at Driftmark soon and i'll be very happy" she said as her eyes drifted to Luke.