Chpt 2: Weirwood Tree

I sat in my chambers trying to catch up on my histories. I did like learning about the history of my family but it was also school... And that is something i despised.

I put my book down as i heard a knock on the door. "Come in" i called out. I smiled as i saw Lillie walk through the door. Lillie was one of the handmaidens in the castle. She was a year younger than me but already had two children.

She does not treat me like a lady as i don't treat her like a handmaiden. Over the time i've lived here, we've built trust. We both tell each other personal things about our lives without judgment. It was nice to have someone like that in Kingslanding.

She shut the door quickly and locked it. My smile faded as i saw her panic. "You must send a raven to your father now" she said through gasps like she was out of breath.

"What's wrong? What's happened?" i questioned. "There are guards coming now. They will take you to the king and queen Alicent and i don't know what they are going to do to you" she said.

"They are my family, Lillie. They won't do anything" i said still confused. She rushed around my room grabbing paper and a feather pen. "You must write now!" she exclaimed.

"What are you talking about!" i exclaimed back. "Did you truly beat prince Aegon?" she whispered. I rolled my eyes. "This is what this is about? I did not 'beat' him. He started it" i said.

"Alysanne. You know the queen. She will not stand for this. I beg you, please write to your father... Just incase" she said desperately.

I did not feel the need to panic about this. King Viserys was my uncle after all. He was kind and gentle. He would not do anything too harsh. But i agreed to give Lillie some peace of mind.

And thank the gods i did.

I wrote a short letter to my father telling him what happened with Aegon and that i would write our code word to him if i felt in danger.

When i moved to the castle, my father and i agreed on a code word incase there was trouble. That code word was, Weirwood tree.

I handed the short letter to Lillie as she took a sigh of relief. It made me laugh to see her so anxious for me. "Now, i was reading up on my book and-"

I stopped speaking as i was cut off by someone banging on the door. Lillie grabbed my hand tightly with fear.

I squeezed her hand tightly and gave her a weak smile. I slowly unlocked the door and opened it to see Ser Criston Cole. "Lady Alysanne, you've been summoned by the king" he said with a cold glare.

I looked back at Lillie who was clutching the letter tightly. "Alright then. Let's get on with it" i mumbled as i followed him to the throne room. Ser Criston did not speak a word as we walked nor did he look at me.

As i walked inside, i was greeted by queen Alicent, Aegon, Helaena and king Viserys. Helaena had her head down refusing to meet my eye. "Alysanne" Viserys said blankly. "Hi" i mumbled.

My eyes drifted to Aegon who had a small cut on his lip and a graze on his arm. I rolled my eyes already knowing what was coming. "I'm guessing you know why i have summoned you" Viserys said.

"I think i do, your grace" i said. "Did you attack prince Aegon?" he asked. I paused. "Did he tell you what he said to me before i did?" i questioned. "That's not what your king asked" Alicent said chiming in.

I sighed. "Yes, your grace. Your son threatened me so he pushed him" i said. "And kicked me!" Aegon exclaimed. "Yes... And kicked him" i said trying not to smirk.

"I have given you multiple chances, Aly. I told you today that it would be your last chance and you ignored me. You ignored your king."

Alicent coughed as she gave Viserys a deadly glare. "Oh yes... And you attacked my son" he added on. I shook my head and bit my lip at this whole situation.

"Since you are my kin, and you have brought a sense of joy to my two daughters, i will give you not a punishment, but a chance. A chance you will be grateful for later in life."

I tilted my head, dreading what he was about to say. "After much deliberation, i believe it would be best for you to focus on your studies in The Faith Of The Seven. This will help you become a dignified young woman. And, you may even make friends that are well... Civilised and kind."

My mouth fell open. Truthfully, i did not believe in the gods. Though i would never admit it to anyone. I thought if the gods were real, they wouldn't have made such a fucked world.

"You... You can't" is all i could get out. "Aly please... Understand why i have to do this. I think this will benefit you" he said. "It won't! Please, your grace. Uncle please!" i shouted.

Viserys sighed as he hung his head. "You'll leave first light tomorrow. I know the High Septon. He is a kind man. He has taken in wild children like you and they have come out to be better in every way" he said.

I knew the king meant well. But all i felt in this moment was anger. "You can not make me. You'll have to drag me there. I can not and will not. I-"

My rambling was cut off by princess Rhaenyra bursting through the doors. "Your grace. I believe i have a better idea" she said. The king raised his head with confusion.

I grabbed Rhaenyra and pulled her infront of me hoping this would give me even the smallest ounce of protection. "I heard about this... Incident... And i have thought of a solution that will benefit everyone" she said. "Please speak my girl" Viserys said genuinely interested.

"I have met the wife of Rickon Stark many times during the balls at the castle. She tells me often that i should visit. And she also told me about her husbands bastard. She took her in as her own and now she's grown into a respectful young lady. Maybe she could do the same with Alysanne. She could stay in Wintefell and get the proper attention a young lady needs."

Everyone in the room was quiet. I gave Rhaenyra a shocked and annoyed look. Although this was better than being sent to live with the High Septon, i still did not wish to be away from my family. To live with strangers for that matter.

Viserys looked to his wife who was giving him a look telling him not to agree. He was torn between his wife and his daughter. Then he turned to me.

"What do you think, Aly?" he asked. I gulped not knowing what to say. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. He gave me an apologetic look. I knew he felt sorry but if he didn't do anything, his wife would go mad.

"I... I agree with the princess" i mumbled looking at the ground. "Good. That's settled then! I'll write to Lord Rickon Stark and hopefully he will agree" he said with a weak smile.

Alicent scoffed at his weakness to his daughter and now his niece. But Alicent did not feel threatened by Aly. She was young and possibly a bastard. She knew she would have the last word against her.

I felt a lump in my throat grow as tears flooded my eyes. "Aly... Are you alright?" Rhaenyra whispered.

"How long will i be there for?" i asked. "I don't know, sweet girl" she mumbled. I shook my head and gulped. "Excuse me, princess" i said fleeing the throne room.

If i had a dragon at this moment, i would leave and never return. Live my life out somewhere in Pentos. Just my dragon, food from the lands and myself.

I ran into my chambers and locked the door. I quickly grabbed some paper and a feather pen and began to write to my father. I never know who to trust around the castle so i only wrote one word.

Weirwood tree.