Chpt 7: Trouble

3 Months Later:

"Why can't i sit like this?" i questioned. "It's unlady like. I know, it's strange and irritating but it's the truth" lady Stark said. "It's stupid" i mumbled. "I know, but it's just the order of things" she said.

Sarah, lady Stark and i were practicing our embroidery which i could not get the hang of. "This is stupid too" i said through gritted teeth. "You get better by the day child" lady Stark said.

I looked to Sarahs embroidery which was more than perfect. She also makes most of her dresses which were perfect too. "I doubt that very much" i said. Lady Stark put a hand on my shoulder as Sarah laughed.

Suddenly, the door flung open as Cregan barged inside. His smile faded immediately as he saw his mothers scowl. "Mother" he said with a small nod. "Just go. The both of you" she mumbled as my face lit up.

Cregan kissed his mothers cheek to annoy her further as we both ran out of the room. I made a deal with lady Stark that after my lessons, i could take the horses out with Cregan.

We ran to the stables and began gearing up the horses. Lord Stark gifted me a horse shortly after i arrived at Winterfell. The horse was white as winter snow. He went on to say something about it looking like my families hair, but i was just happy to have a horse.

"What did you call her again?" Cregan asked as he stroked his jet black horses mane. "Freya" i mumbled, already knowing what he was about to say. "Why didn't you call it some Targaryen name? Isn't that what you all do? Have kids and name them the same names over and over and over-"

"What did you call yours again? Benji? What kind of name is that?" i said tilting my head. "My uncles name was Benjen and he gave me the horse" he said. "Isn't that what you Starks do? Have kids and animals and name them the same thing over and over and over-"

"Alright! I get it!" he exclaimed with laughter. I hid my smirk as i mounted my horse. We both rode off into the woods as i felt the cold air flowing through my hair.

Although i was quite resistant to come to the North, i was actually quite enjoying it here. The people at first were weary of me being an outsider but even they have grown to accept me... Well... Most of them.

But the thing i loved the most about the North was the freedom. I could never go out riding in Kindslanding. And i could never speak my mind. But now i could do all these things and more.

"Did they never teach you how to ride in Kingslanding, princess?" Cregan shouted ahead of me. I smirked slightly as i squeezed my heels together to make Freya catch up. Freya caught up to Cregan and his horse immediately and eventually got ahead of them.

Cregans smirk grew at the challenge... But he would not win. We continued riding faster and faster until we got to a river. At the sight of the water, Freya jumped up on her hind legs.

I held onto her tightly, refusing to fall off. With fear, she fled off into the woods. "Aly!" Cregan shouted. I held onto her tightly trying to calm her down, but she would not. "Hey girl! You're okay! Slow down!" i called out.

It was as if all her senses had left her. Eventually, Freya began to slow down as i jumped onto the ground. "Hey girl. Hey come you, your fine" i said stroking her snout.

She huffed and puffed but in time she relaxed. "You scared me. Now come on, we better get back" i said about to jump back on her back... But i froze as i heard the bushes ruffle from behind me.

I turned swiftly around and saw three men creep out from the shrubs. I backed up as i saw them. "Sorry... I was just leaving. I didn't mean to intrude i-"