Chpt 17: Nothing Would Ever Be The Same

"I'll rip his head from his shoulders. And then his wife! They think they can ship my daughter off to some holy faith shit? I'll take their eyes!"

"Daemon!" Laena exclaimed. "You forget you speak treason! I know you are angry but you must hold your tongue" she said through gritted teeth.

I sat in the corner of the room, afraid to speak. My father continued arguing with himself as Laena sighed loudly. "What did you even do, Alysanne? The Stark boy is an imbecile" he spat.

I shook my head. "And you aren't" i mumbled under my breath. "What was that?!" he shouted. "And you aren't?" i shouted back as i stood up from my seat. "He is kind and more of a man you ever were at his age!"

"And what does that mean?" he asked. "At least he didn't bring me to a brothel to fuck me unlike you with Rhaenyra. But yet he's going to get more of a punishment than you ever did. Then you went and killed my-"

"Hold you tongue, now!" he exclaimed. We stood face to face, both of us refusing to back down. "I won't have them send you there... It would be better if he was sent to the wall" he said through gritted teeth. "If he's sent to the wall then i might as well be sent there too. It would be better than staying here with any of my 'family'."

"Alys leaving?" a small voice said. I turned to see Baela and Rhaena poking their heads around the corner. "Why is she leaving?" Baela asked. I gulped looking down at the ground.

"She's not leaving baby. Come on... Let's get you back to bed" Laena said taking both of their hands. "If she's leaving, i want to leave too!" Baela exclaimed. "Yeah... But not to the wall... I'll go anywhere else!" Rhaena said.

I smiled at my two sisters as they walked back to their chambers. "I don't understand why you are trying to defend him. That Stark boy has dishonoured you" he said. "Yeah well father... He's not the first boy in Westeros to dishonour a princess. Ask anyone... Ask the princess Rhaenyra."

He bit his tongue and let out a sigh. "I'm... I'm going to go see Saphira" i mumbled. "Don't leave, Aly. We need to speak about this" he said. "We can speak later... I'd rather enjoy the company of my dragon than anyone else now."

I walked through the empty halls of the castle, afraid incase i would meet anyone on my way. I didn't want to see anyone's scowls or judging looks. I've had enough of them.

As i walked around the corner, i felt someone grab my arm and pull me into an empty room. "What the-"

I was cut off by a cloaked figure putting their hand over my mouth. The figure lifted down his hood to reveal Cregan. "You must be quiet" he whispered. "Cregan.... What are you doing?" i questioned.

I watched as he shoved many things into a bag. I also saw his beat up face. I then remembered the look on Cregan and his family's face when we were brought to the king. My heart ached even thinking about it.

"We're leaving" he said grabbing my hand. He threw a hood over my head before dragging me back into the hall. "Cregan i can't just leave" i said.

He ignored me as we kept walking. "Cregan" i said more sternly. "We'll be safe once we get out of here" he said. "What are you taking about?" i asked. "We'll go to Pentos. We'll go somewhere we can't be found."

I was not stupid. This plan would not work. The king would send all of his guards to find Cregan and i. And my father let alone would look for me himself... Then there would be further, more severe consequences for both me and Cregan.

"We can't" i said trying to stop but he continued dragging me. "Cregan" i shouted removing my grip from him. "Aly! Do you not understand this is the only way!" he whispered angrily.