Chapter 01 - Yet Another Day

It was yet another day at the hotel. Everyone was doing their own things, minding their own business. Rush was in his room when he heard a knock on his door.

"Rush! It's Ambush! Can I come in?" He heard Ambush call out from outside.

"Yeah, okay!" he replied. The door opened and Ambush walked in.

"Hey Rush! What'cha doing?" Ambush greeted.

"Nothing, just trying to pick this lock," Rush replied, focusing intently on the lock.

"Well, guess what I found!" Ambush exclaimed excitedly.

"Wait... Give me a second," Rush replied, putting down the lock with the lockpick halfway in the lock. "You found something?" Rush asked, looking at Ambush.

"Well, I found this huge lock! Look at how big it is!" Ambush said, holding a large, copper lock. It had 5 dials at the bottom of it with a large green button at the side. "I dare you to pick this!" Ambush said.

"No way! That thing is gigantic! It doesn't even have a keyhole!" Rush said.

"Oh wait, you're right," Ambush said, realising that there was no way to pick it.

Rush resumed picking the lock as Ambush sat down on Rush's bed and looked out the window. "It's been a few months since all that crazy stuff has happened and I still can't get used to the cold!" he said.

"Ha, same here, " Rush replied, still focusing on the lock. After a few minutes, the lock clicked as the shackle came out. "Yes! I did it! My first lock I picked without any help!" Rush said proudly.

Ambush smiled, he clapped his hands and said, "Congrats! You're getting good at this!"

"Thanks!" Rush replied.

"Anyways, wanna go visit Halt?" Ambush suggested.

"Alright, I guess," Rush said, standing up from his chair. He opened the door and walked out. Ambush followed him as he shut the door behind him